Potential problems with a neighbor...

Jigghead

When we moved back to SA we decided to bring our cat with. She seemed happy but after a week she disappeared. We were gutted especially after deciding to bring her back with us.

I searched everywhere for days looking for her. Putting up notices and walking the streets. I then did some research on lost cats and the one thing was to check around the house. Most of the time they have gotten stuck in something close to home or have had a fright and are hiding somewhere and wont come out.

I thought I had looked absolutely everywhere to be honest, but I thought I will try one last time. I finally found her in a draw under my kids cot. Where I has looked many a time before!! But she was so far back and in a corner that you had to really pull the whole draw out and move everything to find her. The amazing thing for me was she hadnt eaten or been to a toilet the entire time which was close to a week.

I really hope this turns out to be your problem. But do one last search, especially if your kitty did have a fight with the neighbours cat. They could be terrified and have found somewhere really good to hide and just not want to come out.

Yeah, you are quite correct..unlike dogs...you have VERY little control over cats...they are wanderers (even when neutred)...

I have a similar problem...but with a neighbouring cat coming into our house and eating MY cat's food every night... basically have to walk OVER me sleeping (via bedroom window) to get to the food...but he still does it! It pisses me off - purely because IF that cat decide to one day start "Marking his teritory" in my house...i'll be screwed! Cat piss smells only seconf to scunk piss...

so - battle is on...but how do i do it?...I don't even know which neighbour the cat belongs to...

Good luck...

Neighbors cat cost me R1200-00 to sort out abcess on my cats back....

Even worse they piss next to and on your bike rims.....ph34r.png

Up untill a few years ago I would have said have a chat with your neighbour & find out what went down..........but over the years I have realised that we are not all the same "normal" logical individuals, some people are just wankers (like my parents neighbour).....poisoined their trees, built a pool half in their property, put up barb wire fences...sorry another storycursing.gif as this is now in court and costing my parents (on pension) a packet, as there is no reasoning with some peoplecursing.gif cursing.gif

...........sorry I am not helping wacko.png and have no usefull adviseblush.png

OK, so I go over the the neighbor upon his return from work and am about to ask why his daughter was worried about my cat. The son, who was not involved at all was there and said he saw our cat get over the 4m boundary wall and jump into the servitude which only our complex has access to and also is surrounded by 4m walls and electric fences. Apparently a small can can get in over 4m walls but not out.

So, I find Bubbles looking very poked, covered in fleas and puffed up when I approach. Cat is happy, bathed and I have been next door to thank our neighbor's son. My 4 yr old looked as if she was going to cry when I got him back. All's well that ends well.

Glad I didn't go over with any accusations.blush.png blush.png blush.png

Edited by Jigghead

You do not own a cat, they own you.

oom...that is some of the wisest words uttered by you on this here hub of ours! i almost feel bad commenting on it because it closed the thread off so brilliantly!

OK, so I go over the the neighbor upon his return from work and am about to ask why his daughter was worried about my cat. The son, who was not involved at all was there and said he saw our cat get over the 4m boundary wall and jump into the servitude which only our complex has access to and also is surrounded by 4m walls and electric fences. Apparently a small can can get in over 4m walls but not out.

So, I find Bubbles looking very poked, covered in fleas and puffed up when I approach. Cat is happy, bathed and I have been next door to thank our neighbor's son. My 4 yr old looked as if she was going to cry when I got him back. All's well that ends well.

Glad I didn't go over with any accusations.blush.png blush.png blush.png

sheesh, well they could have just told you in the first place!