Magalies Monster 2013

Beebster

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be there, 4th time, 2x 70km completed and 1 x 70km DNF (first race I entered, I chose the 70km MM, bit of a mistake!).

Hope they do a T shirt again instead of the goody bag.

2010 DNF

2011 - 6.56

2012 - 6.45

2013 - under 6.30hrs I hope!

Easy decision then - Monster it will be.

Hazeldean just a flat out sprint.

I agree that Monster is the better MTB race.

Just saying that making the Gautengers choose one or the other makes both camps lose out.

Just saying that making the Gautengers choose one or the other makes both camps lose out.

The numbers at the Nissan races are getting out of hand so maybe it's not a bad thing. The 2 races are so different it's not a tough choice.

Hahahaha I just noticed that we're both carrying our bikes! ph34r.png

EDIT: maybe I should stick to hazeldean

Edited by jcza

Hahahaha I just noticed that we're both carrying our bikes! ph34r.png

EDIT: maybe I should stick to hazeldean

Hahaha

There is nothing wrong with knowing the limits of your ability. whistling.gif

Will be there, 4th time, 2x 70km completed and 1 x 70km DNF (first race I entered, I chose the 70km MM, bit of a mistake!).

Hope they do a T shirt again instead of the goody bag.

2010 DNF

2011 - 6.56

2012 - 6.45

2013 - under 6.30hrs I hope!

What was your crater cruise time? I am worried now about this race I thought maybe 4hrs max...

Every year I say 'never again' and every year I'm back for more punishment. So,one last one next year and then I'm never doing it again.

Oh, and +1 on the Nissan races getting too big, jcza. If there are options, I'll be going for smaller races next year, like the USN cup races.

what have i done, i booked 70 km without reading all these war stories ooooohhh eh eh sounds like we gonna ***!

will be my 1st

what have i done, i booked 70 km without reading all these war stories ooooohhh eh eh sounds like we gonna ***!

will be my 1st

Its a proper mtb trail...the real kicker is that "the monster" is the easiest part of the whole race...you can get into a rythm and climb it out. The sand is pretty hectic, the rocks sharp and the portages hairy but we wouldn't want it any other way. Tubeless is a must at this race

Easy decision then - Monster it will be.

Hazeldean just a flat out sprint.

monster every time, getting tired of dirt-roadie events.

+1. The monster is a monster.

Its a proper mtb trail...the real kicker is that "the monster" is the easiest part of the whole race...you can get into a rythm and climb it out. The sand is pretty hectic, the rocks sharp and the portages hairy but we wouldn't want it any other way. Tubeless is a must at this race

yeah i just read the tips on the website, tubless, and dual is advised.... hopefully my argus training will ease the punishment of this race by the looks of it atleast 5-6hrs in the saddle?