Strava..... For dummies

rattlesnake

just to add what rattlesnake said, if you doing something like 80% of the strava section it will accept the time, this especially applies to out and back rides. Don't upload if you didn't do the full course

I wish you can add checkpoints to your sections, that way if someone didn't pass certain checkpoints, they times cannot be used.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also noticed that there is some guys holding PR's and KOM with some crazy speed / avg.

edit = btw, joined thehubsa group.

Edited by Wannabe

Also noticed that there is some guys holding PR's and KOM with some crazy speed / avg.

edit = btw, joined thehubsa group.

Like rattlesnake said, 99.9% of the time its guys that forgot to finish their ride by stopping the unit and driving with it on the back of their cars. We normally don't have these abnormal times in mtb'ing but here and there, there are someone with a time like that, and that means they did it with a motorcycle, I mean really....tossers

Dude can i join this or is it the sellected ones only wink.png

hehehehhe first rule about hub strava club....doh.

There is a SS club too, even smaller than the hub club...I think its so small cause strava confuse the crap out of people, try and explain it to your wife...I dare you.

I got some random readings on strava for my ride over the weekend. Recorded the ride with my Bryton GPS, but when uploaded to Strava the ride time is incorrect. On Brytons website its correct. I did flag the ride, as my average speed according to Strava was 58kmph through Northern Farms.

You can also delete the ride if you really want. I'm sitting with the same issue; my actual ride was 93.8km, 3h15 but @ the 1h37 mark I stopped my Garmin because I had coffee and then when I left I started it again and "lapped" it. My Garmin shows the entire ride, GarminConnect (other logging software) shows the full distance BUT with a 1h37 "moving time" and 3h15 "ride time." So frustrating because it appears that despite the entire route being on my Garmin, when I uploaded it, only the GPS data of my first "lap" was recorded and the time of the overall ride.

Just joined the group and I see there are now 37 of us.

You can also delete the ride if you really want. I'm sitting with the same issue; my actual ride was 93.8km, 3h15 but @ the 1h37 mark I stopped my Garmin because I had coffee and then when I left I started it again and "lapped" it. My Garmin shows the entire ride, GarminConnect (other logging software) shows the full distance BUT with a 1h37 "moving time" and 3h15 "ride time." So frustrating because it appears that despite the entire route being on my Garmin, when I uploaded it, only the GPS data of my first "lap" was recorded and the time of the overall ride.

Just joined the group and I see there are now 37 of us.

I had to flag myself....for a VG to breedts shebeen ride. I stopped at the t-junction at the breedts climb and turned back...didn't feel well. Uploaded my data and got instant KOM on the "VG to Breedts shebeen" section...had to flag it...boo

just to add what rattlesnake said, if you doing something like 80% of the strava section it will accept the time, this especially applies to out and back rides. Don't upload if you didn't do the full course

I wish you can add checkpoints to your sections, that way if someone didn't pass certain checkpoints, they times cannot be used.

interesting...i thought you had to pass the start and end point of the segment. Some of the segments i do, there is a little short-cut off to the left or right just before the end...wonder if some people do that...mmmm interesting

interesting...i thought you had to pass the start and end point of the segment. Some of the segments i do, there is a little short-cut off to the left or right just before the end...wonder if some people do that...mmmm interesting

Yea you do, but if you have done 80% of the section in a out and back ride(Like for example VG to breedts to VG), it will use the time....frustrating. Like I said above, I had to flag myself on one ride for cheating...not intentionally though. You can see when someone didn't do it on purpose, but my biggest gripe is guys that complete a whole section on a scrambler on a freakin insane speed. ffs

hehehehhe first rule about hub strava club....doh.

There is a SS club too, even smaller than the hub club...I think its so small cause strava confuse the crap out of people, try and explain it to your wife...I dare you.

SS club i know , im part of that elite group of 16 i think .

But cant find this hub thing

I have contacted Strava on this a few times and they have shown me the logged ticket where they will be adding in a better more accurate function. Hate the current one because when you see people have taken the easier route you are almost forced to do that in order to get a time. We created one called the Big U at VG, but then one day we didn't do the full one into the rocky section on the hill but rode along the edge of the field and it gave us better times so we investigated and turns out we were the only ones that were setting times on the longer harder route (the original). Anyway we sorted that out by klapping the shorter route. Bit sad though.

just to get a KOM? sad...very sad.....

Exactly...

Just to add to your previous comment about sections and shortcuts on your rides, if they pass the start point and end point of the section and did at least 80% of the section between that, they qualify...that is why i like to make shorter 1-2km sections.

SS club i know , im part of that elite group of 16 i think .

But cant find this hub thing

It wouldn't let me join the club but I then refreshed the page it allowed me to. Weird...