Avianto Trails @Avianto Lifestyle Estate

Richard Beswick

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Seems I left my Rydon sunnies at the pool at the trail head.If anyone sees them please give me a shout

Thanks

Bump

Rode the blue route and the black section, very nice riding. Starts off a bit slow, but then gets very lekker. And very convenient.

Not as technical as Kingskloof, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rode the blue route and honestly found it a bit Mickey Mouse. The single track is a very tight, possibly because of lack of space, it didn't seem to flow very well. I counted that we rode up and down the one hillside four times. And the turns at the bottom are tight so you don't carry your speed much. I felt like a hamster on a wheel. My mate riding with me felt the same. It opens out a bit at the end and gets better, but not really that great yet. I hope it gets better. Berms needed and much more speed.....

Your problem is that there are too many bike parks nearby which are similar, plus places like Modderfontein. Plus the spruit. And N Farms has got some a good 35 Kms of riding on it now.

My 2 cents worth. not my sort of riding. we are so deprived of trails in Gauteng. I really was hoping for something like the old Teak Place, which was great.

Hi

Seems I left my Rydon sunnies at the pool at the trail head.If anyone sees them please give me a shout

Thanks

Bump

Rode the blue route and honestly found it a bit Mickey Mouse. The single track is a very tight, possibly because of lack of space, it didn't seem to flow very well. I counted that we rode up and down the one hillside four times. And the turns at the bottom are tight so you don't carry your speed much. I felt like a hamster on a wheel. My mate riding with me felt the same. It opens out a bit at the end and gets better, but not really that great yet. I hope it gets better. Berms needed and much more speed.....

Your problem is that there are too many bike parks nearby which are similar, plus places like Modderfontein. Plus the spruit. And N Farms has got some a good 35 Kms of riding on it now.

My 2 cents worth. not my sort of riding. we are so deprived of trails in Gauteng. I really was hoping for something like the old Teak Place, which was great.

At the beginning sure, but towards the the river trail it gets far better and the black route is a nice challenge. Bearing in mind that about 50% of the trails are newly cut, theres a fair bit of riding in to be done.

They are better than a month ago already, plus theres a load of potential further out as well, it'll all come I'm sure.

Decent trails aren't born overnight and it's great that we're allowed to ride for free for such an extended period. Gauteng has a fair number of good trail options, we're far from deprived, considering how well we make do with the terrain that is around here.

My mates and I did two laps of the blue route this morning. Great riding - welldone Richard!

At pace it is a very tough 14km loop - no time to rest, redline from the start! There is something for everyone - great for newbies to hone ther single track skills and for the experience rider the route gives you a great workout.

We then took the kids on the 6km green route, which is no doddle in the park - but they all managed. Ages between six and twelve.

The grub and service at the Blue Cafe at Avianto is really good, be sure to stop in for a lunch or late breakfast.

I look forward to longer loops with added tracks, you do get the feeling that you are constantly riding the same terrain from different angles?

Overall a great morning on the bike!

Rode there this morning. Loved it. It certainly is not "Mickey mouse" for run-of-the-mill non-technical riders, but it is great fun. I will definitely go back even though I doubt I'll ever manage to ride the whole of the blue (there are certain downhill sections that just push my boundaries too far).

Definitely a great alternative to NF for some variety.

As to the criss-crossing, my guess is that limited space leaves two options... Criss cross or a shorter loop that you would have to keep repeating. Criss-crossing is by far the nicer option of the two.

Rode there this morning. Loved it. It certainly is not "Mickey mouse" for run-of-the-mill non-technical riders, but it is great fun. I will definitely go back even though I doubt I'll ever manage to ride the whole of the blue (there are certain downhill sections that just push my boundaries too far).

Definitely a great alternative to NF for some variety.

As to the criss-crossing, my guess is that limited space leaves two options... Criss cross or a shorter loop that you would have to keep repeating. Criss-crossing is by far the nicer option of the two.

I much prefer this to .NF find it boring

No chance you found my sunnies ?

I much prefer this to .NF find it boring

No chance you found my sunnies ?

Sorry, no sunnies spotted :-(

Went out their on Saturday morning with not much expectations, BUT wow i was surprised. I'm an average rider and had a blast. The singletrack at the start is a nice warmup. That climb just before the little black session is a killer, but well worth it cause from thei on the trail is just awesome. down by the river is also very leke. Cant wait for the 30km trail to be done. will definitaly be backthumbup1.gif

Sorry, no sunnies spotted :-(

Boo hoo

I have had to bid for another pair from asg

Great trail tho and close to my daughters place where i am staying