Stolen DH Bike

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Hey all.

My Makulu was stolen out of my Garage this afternoon. Behind a locked garage and electric fence. The perps obviously were targeting the bike and know their subject cos they took the time to put the BOS shock that was lying elsewhere in my garage into my helmet bag with the clear intention of making off with my helmet and spare shock too.

Details are as follows.

Morewood Makulu 2009. Serial No. MK0904

Cane Creek Double Barrel shock.

Marzocchi 888 Evo fork

Sunline direct mount stem

Renthal Fatbar

ODI Rogue grips

Hope V2 Brakes (braided hoses)

Hope Floating rotors (black)

X9 Shifter

X7 short cage deralieur

Hope Pro 2 Hubs (red)

Mavic EX823 rims

Shimano DX Pedals

C Sixx 110 carbon chain guide.

It's a fairly custom build especially the fork a brake setup. If you spot the bike please call me on 083 457 1923. Please don't be a hero tho.

This is the bike.

post-18968-0-71301900-1356369239_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is seriously swak dude. Sorry to hear. As a fellow MW owner I know how attached we get tot the bikes.

How did they gain entry to the garage?

You are CT based right?

Guest Omega Man

That is seriously swak dude. Sorry to hear. As a fellow MW owner I know how attached we get tot the bikes.

How did they gain entry to the garage?

You are CT based right?

Lifted the KAAAK heavy electric gate of the rails and broke the garage door open. They left a boatload of other stuff behind like chainsaw, etc etc. They were obviously targetting the bike.

MY WIFE WAS HOME!!!! Thank god they kept to the garage.

**** man. These *******.

It can only be a syndicate specializing in high end bikes for the overseas market.

Most likely stripping for parts or selling as complete bikes.

Will post this on the Morewood Facebook group for you.

Hope you can get it back.

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

Fark dude! Muthrfkin bastard son of b1tch c0cksucking bastards!

Duuuuude! No. Just - no.

No.

Sooo chuffed your wife is okay. She must be shattered. I know my wife was when we got broken into.

Faaaaaark! No. No.

Man that sucks. Not a nice Christmas present. I hope that this works out for the good bud. Please tell me it was insured...? Glad they didn't go into the house...!!!

Guest Omega Man

Man that sucks. Not a nice Christmas present. I hope that this works out for the good bud. Please tell me it was insured...? Glad they didn't go into the house...!!!

Yeah it's insured for 55k. But I've spent so much time (and money) getting the exact bike that i wanted. To me it's priceless.

Edited by Omega Man

That sucks , sorry to hear.

Lets hope the purps choke on their food tonight.

Edited by Cav'

Seriously uncool in the worst way! A bike you can replace, so thank goodness they stayed out the house AND your misses didn't go to the garage for something!

Which area in CT is this OM??

Yeah it's insured for 55k. But I've spent so much time (and money) getting the exact bike that i wanted. To me it's priceless.

I hear you bro. Really hope you get it back. Good luck.

Guest Omega Man

Seriously uncool in the worst way! A bike you can replace, so thank goodness they stayed out the house AND your misses didn't go to the garage for something!

Which area in CT is this OM??

Yeah Totally. I don't think I could survive without my wife. A bike is just a thing really. I should get a nice new shiny bike but it still sucks. What wierds me is that they took NOTHING else. There's a drill, chainsaw, circular saw, sander, electric screw driver lawn mower and a whole bunch of other stuff in the garage that's worth a lot of cash. And yet they JUST went for my bike, the BOS Stoy shock and my D3.

ALL riding specific items.

Edited by Omega Man

bummer dood - sad state of existence when you have chain your bike up inside a locked garage.

Must be some kind of insider job.

Which area are you in ? My guess is when you experience theft like this it is possible you might of met the person before.

Aaaaaargh!

This sucks big time. It pisses me off to no end, because I know exactly how you feel. @&$!

Honestly, just with like the Demo, who are they going to sell a bike like this to?! Even better, who are they going to sell a D3 to?! Whoever rides with it will spotted within half a second. I'm flabbergasted, it just doesn't make any sense. The only plausible explanation is that the stuff gets shipped abroad immediately, where there are thousands of DH riders who don't ask questions. This possibility worries me....

Edited by MH for short