RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

Guest The Bushpig

Many people around us die and get killed, often we are shocked but never are we really heart broken.

Celebrities and sports starts have a different effect on us, we invite them into our homes and we allow them to steal our hearts.

Burry was a true South African who did this country proud, the consummate professional and the darling of our MTB community, he entrenched himself in our hearts and we all made a connection with him.

The unnecessary outcome of this tragedy has us all in shock and we lost a hero with whom we all had a connection with, whether it being watching Burry racing or even a direct interaction with him, he touched all of us in some way and managed to occupy a little space in each one of our hearts.

He will really be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0rHPT8q-CM

Nice Post, Dangle.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My annual retreat to our Karoo farm, away from cellphones and news ended this morning with probably the saddest and most upsetting news I have heard in a very long time. I wish i could go back to the farm, back to  not knowing that my MTB hero has been killed in such a dreadful way. I still can't believe it but I can feel it, and its freaking sad.

I salute your memory Burry. And prayers to Cherise. 

awesome work, downloaded and safe.

G

Many people around us die and get killed, often we are shocked but never are we really heart broken.

Celebrities and sports starts have a different effect on us, we invite them into our homes and we allow them to steal our hearts.

Burry was a true South African who did this country proud, the consummate professional and the darling of our MTB community, he entrenched himself in our hearts and we all made a connection with him.

The unnecessary outcome of this tragedy has us all in shock and we lost a hero with whom we all had a connection with, whether it being watching Burry racing or even a direct interaction with him, he touched all of us in some way and managed to occupy a little space in each one of our hearts.

nicely said dangle.....we are going past shelly beach on the way home tomorrow. will pop into the store and leave some flowers

I posted this on the last day of 2012 under the "Durbanville Roadies" thread.

What struck me about this article was the sense of 'family' that is unspoken within the cycling community.

Whether one rides the black stuff or the brown stuff.

Whether DH or commuter style.

Whether one is from Bloem' or Pretoria or Cape Town or Durbs or in between.

If one rides a bike, there's a 'family'one inherently belongs to - the 'two wheel family'.

Motorbikers and runners might feel the same.

http://velonews.comp...e-family_268919

can anybody tell me if the ride in stellenbosch is still on sunday?

The ride is still on. Specialized SA is backing the ride and Stellenbosch traffic department is also involved. See you there!

The ride is still on. Specialized SA is backing the ride and Stellenbosch traffic department is also involved. See you there!

thanks see you there

Nice one Dangle.

This just had me and my wife in tears.

Nice Post, Dangle.

Agreed. I just watched the clip. So, so, sad. And unnecessary!! Hard not to shed a tear.