Bike thieves checking us out???

Bianchisti

Guest Omega Man

My Makulu was stolen out of my garage on xmas eve. BASTARDS.

I looked on crc and the like for a bike anchor and they are k@k expensive so I've had one made. It goes RIGHT through the garage wall and the bolts are welded into place. So the thief will have to break my garage down or cut the chain (getting a ridiculously strong chain) or cut the tubes on my bikes.

If anyone is interested I'm having the dude that made mine make up 2 prototypes. 1 will go through the wall and held in place with 2 bolts and the bolts can be welded into place. The other will be bolted to the floor with 4 expansion bolts and the bolts can also welded into place.

They will both cost R250 including all mounting hardware (excluding delivery) and R400 fitted. Including having the bolts welded into place. (Cape Town only). The equivalent items from CRC are rather more expensive.

PM me if you are interested.

I'll also post pics so if you are a home maintenance type of fella you can make your own. Not exactly rocket science.

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, i would rather be stiing on one side of a door with my loved ones holding a GLOCK than holding my #ock

My Makulu was stolen out of my garage on xmas eve. BASTARDS.

I looked on crc and the like for a bike anchor and they are k@k expensive so I've had one made. It goes RIGHT through the garage wall and the bolts are welded into place. So the thief will have to break my garage down or cut the chain (getting a ridiculously strong chain) or cut the tubes on my bikes.

If anyone is interested I'm having the dude that made mine make up 2 prototypes. 1 will go through the wall and held in place with 2 bolts and the bolts can be welded into place. The other will be bolted to the floor with 4 expansion bolts and the bolts can also welded into place.

They will both cost R250 including all mounting hardware (excluding delivery) and R400 fitted. Including having the bolts welded into place. (Cape Town only). The equivalent items from CRC are rather more expensive.

PM me if you are interested.

The welding of the bolts is a very important step - my bike was almost stolen when they twisted an epoxied rawl bolt out of the wall, to which my bikes were anchored with braided steel cabling. The housing stayed in place, but the bolts were removed by some massive force. So massive that it actually deformed the 12mm braided steel cabling to make it look like a kakked up phone cord.

The same cable was later attacked with bolt cutters. No resistance...

Is that not the same Police Station where the supercar hijackings/roadblocks/bribing/planting dope etc etc is taking place so frequently???????

Yup, that's the one. They're probably using the SAPS internet connection to spy on us as we speak. Think they're dof enough to be wandering around the cop shop looking for my bike?

YOH!

You can get longer ...... higher capacity magazines as well and the Glock just clicks into the frame.

It's been mentioned somewhere else before about the Endomondo (and other apps) that records info such as where people start/finish their rides. (ie. their homes) Best to hide that sort of information from open viewing.

Agreed. I've never seen the point of sharing my training schedule with everybody that happens to be on FB, BB or WhatsApp. Then again I don't have anyone dodgy and my privacy settings on social networking apps, forums and websites is tighter than Fort Knox.

To all the scumbags out there watching this post, I'm riding Magic Forest tomorrow. See you there, NOT :)

Guest Omega Man

The housing stayed in place, but the bolts were removed by some massive force. So massive that it actually deformed the 12mm braided steel cabling to make it look like a kakked up phone cord.

Tik will do that. An anchor will probly only be a time saver. If they are organised they'll have bolt cutters which will make quick work of cables and chains. I think.

Tik will do that. An anchor will probly only be a time saver. If they are organised they'll have bolt cutters which will make quick work of cables and chains. I think.

yeah...

totally. Basically speed. Immense strength comes from that stuff.

Let them come.

Three bows

Spyderco knives in each room

Rifle

Two glocks

A three your old that loves my bike

Good luck to anyone that tries to steal my ****

Farrrrk. That's hectic. Really?

Have beams on my house, decent sized dogs but no bars on my windows, all good so far (touch wood). Not judging, honestly, but I reckon if I even start to feel I need to start stocking up or putting trellie doors and bars everywhere then I reckon I'll just head back to 'stralia... or come live with Wayne!

Reckon if I had that kit I'd do more damage to myself than anyone else. ;)

I realised the other day how easy it is to pop one of those standard u bolt padlocks, had too go buy new locks.

Farrrrk. That's hectic. Really?

Have beams on my house, decent sized dogs but no bars on my windows, all good so far (touch wood). Not judging, honestly, but I reckon if I even start to feel I need to start stocking up or putting trellie doors and bars everywhere then I reckon I'll just head back to 'stralia... or come live with Wayne!

Reckon if I had that kit I'd do more damage to myself than anyone else. ;)

I have had the misfortune of cleaning up the mess of the ill prepared. That will not be me.

I have had the misfortune of cleaning up the mess of the ill prepared. That will not be me.

Fair dues, can get that.