Ban cyclists on busy roads?

capeofstorms

A PPA official was interviewed in Capetalk the other day and he was asked about 1.5m rule. His response was that although it would not always be easy to adhere to or police it would ultimately achieve increasing awareness of cyclists by motorists. It kinda makes sense as with other rules of the road that people are aware of it and sone will break the rule but they are then aware that they are doing wrong. I think the 1.5m rule is atleast a step in that direction because as it us now motorists are not aware of us most tines. If a cyclist is then also in an accident a motorist cannot also just use an excuse like 'I never saw him' and the law would have a law to enforce in a judgement. My 2c.

Edited by Cippo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can you believe it, chops...I bet they dont stop at red lights

WTF are they doing?

Accosting the driver? Trying to better their Strava records? Building their tow strength for stage racing?

Biiiizarre.

And then you get w@nkers like this:

Taken from News24

I saw these guys the other day, goign up tiekiedraai holding onto a car. They are wearing german kit and some of them have got monster big legs, German track team training in RSA perhaps? dont know, but they had all the traffic backup up behind them going up tiekiedraai. Not cool!

I think that it's far more effective if one bans filth from society. .....

Sort of takes the wind out of one's sails.

I read the newspaper articeon news24l come on guys! 106km/h really? on a bicycle? are these cyclists smoking something or are they simply insane?

Reading the story I tend to agree maybe we cyclists should be banned from busy roads. i meaning the way some of us are acting is unbelievable. I wouldn't expect this from a child yet alone adults.

If cyclists on a certain road pose a danger to others(yes if you ride like a maniac then I actually care about the drivers) then ban them period. Why must a motorist spend his life in prision when it was some imbecile who caused the problem.

I love cycling as much as any cyclist but if some of us need disciplining then so be it.

P.S. if you want to commit suicide please do it far away from others - don't take us with you!!