To all those who reply flippantly ........

Big H*

Any chance of getting it in English.....? whistling.gif

Especially after using as big a word as 'flippantly' in the header whistling.gif whistling.gif

Any chance of getting it in English.....? whistling.gif

Particularly this part "As al die fietsryers net twee-twee langs mekaar ry en nie vir motoriste die vinger wys nie, sal ons ’n ander soort respek van ’n motoris kry. En dit sal ’n beginpunt wees.” I might be wrong but I think he is suggesting that it is okay to ride 2 abreast

Particularly this part "As al die fietsryers net twee-twee langs mekaar ry en nie vir motoriste die vinger wys nie, sal ons ’n ander soort respek van ’n motoris kry. En dit sal ’n beginpunt wees.” I might be wrong but I think he is suggesting that it is okay to ride 2 abreast

Whoever said that is an idiot or misguided. It's illegal for cyclists to ride thusly. Breaking the law wont help get any respect from other road users.

Edited by TNT1

TRANSLATED BY GOOGLE FOR YOU

We are not angels

2013-01-11 22:22

• Part

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/2234/3be8549946c8484099789c9263cc3165.jpg

The former beroepsryer Andrew McLean says the death of Olympic rider Burry Stander should be a wake-up call for both motorists and cyclists to be more careful on the road.
Photo: Nelius Rademan

Galleries · User Galleries · News in PicturesSend us your pictures · Send us your photos

Anim Ward

At first he did not believe it was his friend Burry Stander, who was killed. Andrew McLean, cycling commentator on SuperSport and head of the largest bike store in the country,'s prominent eyes grew bigger. "I really hoped it was a mistake," he says of the call on January 3. "That I would get another call: Sorry about this, it was not Burry, no one died, someone knocked and it is quite exaggerated ..." McLean faces before him. "I went on Twitter and tweets have already started coming. It was not a mistake ... Burry is indeed dead. "On Tuesday, the 25-year-old Olympic cyclist and his dreams buried in KwaZulu-Natal.McLean was there - he knows Stander because since this if tjokker second in the Momentum 94.7-bergfietsren came. This morning he sat on a couch in the middle of his CycleLab bike shop in Fourways, Johannesburg; an appointment already behind us. Life goes on. "That's the challenge," said the former beroepsjaer and holding his leg with the long straw. Casual cool wears a blue Ben Sherman shirt, striped baggies and sneakers."We (the cycling community) are all emotional at the moment, we are all in revolt. But we are all busy, our businesses and families. Before you know, you're on your old ways - you look back and everything is more or less as it was. "And this is the danger. But sometimes it takes a high-profile death like Burry Stander's to shock the community to action, "said McLean and his eyebrows freeze in black bows. ... On the cycling community do list: 1. Enter a campaign to motorists legally obliged to have a pedestrian, jogger or cyclist at least 1.5 m away passing. 2. Apply positive peer pressure that cyclists themselves comply with the rules of the road. Regarding point, McLean them already support at the highest level.McLean last year the Argus Cycle Tour along with the Minister of Sport, Fikile Mbalula on a tandem complete. "He apparently advance for a practice ride, and because the roads so frightening, he made ​​his blouligbrigade before and behind him ride, "says McLean. "The minister in trouble over it and had to apologize, I've heard," he says with a hint of a smile. When motorists respect cyclists, blouligbrigades oefenritte not be necessary. To this respect deserves stab McLean however behalf of the cycling community hand in his own lean bosom. "A lot of motorists who are not in cycling involved, certainly at home and said: 'I am not surprised given the way these damn cyclists on the roads. ' And rightly so. "Because we have a bad reputation: We do not stop at red lights, driving all over the road. Not all, but many do it. "'You can not change every manager, but we as a community can certainly immediately change our behavior on the road on our bikes and cars. If only all the cyclists riding side by side in pairs and not show motorists the finger, we will be a different kind of respect from a motorist. And it will be a starting point. " So McLean them at already CycleLab with a SMS campaign and the newsletter started all 6 000 club members in remembrance. It is also oefenritte done. "Road safety is a big effort this year. If our members do not want to keep to the rules, we would be more than willing to give their money back and say: This may not be the club for you. We are certainly not all angels and to change our behavior. " But away from the roads, the cyclists. "We are taxpayers; have the right to drive on the roads," said the winner of four Giro del Capo tours and two Cape Epic bergfietswedrenne in master section. ... McLean himself was on his bike in a few accidents with vehicles, but thankfully never badly hurt. Napping he quietly when someone bought a road bike at CycleLab? "It worries me so," said McLean. "If I had young children on the road tramp, I would not have let them do it on their own. But we put a lot for club members to create a safe cycling environment. " McLean climbed 04:30 in the morning in the hall for a practice ride of 2 ½ hours before work. Sometimes on the roads in the Cradle of Humankind; sometimes on a mountain bike to Lanseria. His wife, Ali, drive only mountain bike. They met when Ali walked into the bike shop one day. Currently manages its CycleLab's national club. McLean first as a student in physical education at the then Johannesburg Teachers College cycling. With its small, yet strong physique, he made ​​rapid progress, and ultimately never took his place on the blackboard. "Cycling is truly part of life and has become part of my DNA. It's easier for me to get up and go exercise than it is to bike ride not. "I always say you could earn more money if you work in IT or insurance. But when the guys in that direction mornings rise, see little of them to go to work - I can not wait. " As co-host of the television program Super Cycling set McLean very interested in Oprah Winfrey's interview next week with the cases cycling hero Lance Armstrong. "Lets hope Lance recognize (that he used banned substances)," he said. "I think it's necessary for himself and for the sport - get it over with so we can move on. "But people need to remember it is about an age ten years ago.Unfortunately paints an ugly picture of cycling now, while this is not the case anymore. " McLean said himself happily ever faced the choice of doping. "I had a little ride and saw what was going on in Europe. But I had alternatives, I could come back to South Africa. "And it was not necessary here, we were in our own little world and it was possible to win races without doping. So I do not have a career in Europe had not, but if I one wanted, I would that choice have made. " In McLean's ideal world there would be little or no cars have been and we all cycling to work . "A bicycle is a wonderful thing - it's environmentally friendly and healthy for you. Someone familiar once said: The bike is the best invention ever. " Was it just for reckless drivers and cyclists.

I'm dubious of people who hold their leg with the long straw. But apart from that, it seems sensible.

I'm dubious of people who hold their leg with the long straw. But apart from that, it seems sensible.

I'm dubious of people that tell me I'll get respect if I break the law.

I'm also dubious about the word flippantly...

I'm dubious of people that tell me I'll get respect if I break the law.

I'm also dubious about the word flippantly...

Just so you can understand the iengliesh

flip·pant (flpnt)

adj.

1. Marked by disrespectful levity or casualness; pert.

2. Archaic Talkative; voluble.

[Probably from flip.]

flippan·cy n.

flippant·ly adv.

Just so you can understand the iengliesh

flip·pant (flpnt)

adj.

1. Marked by disrespectful levity or casualness; pert.

2. Archaic Talkative; voluble.

[Probably from flip.]

flippan·cy n.

flippant·ly adv.

You think I don't know what the word means?

I'm trying to figure why you used it in the title for this thread.

My favourite part is where he says, yes it does worry him when someone buys a road bike from one of his stores

Maybe we should limit comments by Ooms and Oupas to two a day without any middle finger typing and in single file.

Maybe we should limit comments by Ooms and Oupas to two a day without any middle finger typing and in single file.

Eish..... Moenie dubbels drink nie