carbon frames and group sets

burnout

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as a hobby i have been buying and selling roadbikes for many years.ive had the opportunity to ride nearly all makes of road bikes.full.carbon frames is just a image thing.good for the pros to get that one or two second lead.it might weigh one to two kgs lighter,depending on the size of frame.but to the man in the street it wont better your time.or you wont notice.il do a 20km route with a allu bike.get on to a full carbon bike.my time is the same.also buying a used carbon bike is very risky.you might have internal cracks you wont see.one small fall can cause cracks.end of the day stick to high quality allu bikes.they look just as good.if you want carbon,buy new from dealer with a warrenty.secondly.group sets.they are all good.shimano sora verses dura ace,does the same job. also a image thing.they are all nearly the same quality.same durability.the one might change a split second quicker than another.for the pros yes.the guy doing the argus etc.makes no difference.dura ace is double the price.but does the same job.if you had to blind fold someone,and let them test different components.it would be guess work.

Having recently switched from an entry level alu mtb frame to a mid / top end carbon mtb frame, I can categorically say this is horse manure. Every aspect of my cycling has improved, climbing, flats on the road, descending, technical riding,etc...

Not to mention the smile on my face when I'm ridingclap.gif . My first ride out I was overtaking guys in climbs where I was always the "overtakee".

Having recently switched from an entry level alu mtb frame to a mid / top end carbon mtb frame, I can categorically say this is horse manure. Every aspect of my cycling has improved, climbing, flats on the road, descending, technical riding,etc...

Not to mention the smile on my face when I'm ridingclap.gif . My first ride out I was overtaking guys in climbs where I was always the "overtakee".

Switch back to the alu bike (keep the wheels if you so desire) and ride with them again :)

Two things...

1. Learn to type using Capitals for the start of sentences (waiting for a real Grammar Nazi to tell you the rest)

2. You've got a lot of nonsense written in there.

This guy is taking the mickey out of us. i am positive he started this topic just to get a response. He said he has been selling for years so surely he has knowledge or experience to know one bike from another? If not then i feel really sorry for his clients who have bought from him cause they probably on the wrong bike. Heck he probably thinks a point and shoot does the same as a 30k camera. But im sure he just stated that nonscence to get us all going

Edited by Capcha Photography

Dont have to be so offensive.Did you enjoy that?Dont have time when i do emails and smses..So its habit form.Does it really matter?Or is it in your human nature to find fault in people.Shame on you.Are you a school teacher?

This guy is taking the mickey out of us. i am positive he started this topic just to get a response. He said he has been selling for years so surely he has knowledge or experience to know one bike from another? If not then i feel really sorry for his clients who have bought from him cause they probably on the wrong bike. Heck he probably thinks a point and shoot does the same as a 30k camera. But im sure he just stated that nonscence to get us all going

wow.what a reponse.sorry guys if i rattled your guys cages.no offense.can you tell me whats the diff in groupsets if they are all say 10 spd?

Welcome to the Hub Paul but ur statement holds no ground. everything about high end bikes is better than average entry level bikes from shifting to rolling resistence to response to hoods etc is just better. if u asking the question above then pls dont make out like u know it all. Clearly u need to edit ur original statement. Im really not trying to be nasty, it just contradicting

Edited by Capcha Photography

maybe he is trying to say he can sell us a cheap as roadbike for a price similar to what you pay for a carbon bike as you will get the same results? Do you trade with Niels Wheels?

wow.what a reponse.sorry guys if i rattled your guys cages.no offense.can you tell me whats the diff in groupsets if they are all say 10 spd?

It's the difference in weight paul. you will spend less energy to accelarate, steer and brake something that weighs less paul. would it be wrong from me to ask if you are retarded?

Guys-Stop falling for this drivel...

@paulbeen - Google is your friend- look things up there before you post about things you know squat about.