Guinea Fowl Attack in Groenkloof

Marc_21

what did you break?

or were you wearing in your brakes?

i must admit i chuckled a bit thinking about crazy guinea fowls attacking someone on a bike tongue.png top story that

I was wearing in my brakes! I'm sure that the noise I'm sure that the noise I made going down the hill while doing so triggered it off a bit :P

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a well known recorded fact that squeeky front brakes have similar

vocal characteristics to the mating call of Alascan Deermoose & other

similar animals. Although not 100% confirmed , tests on Guinea Fowl

have recorded that squeeky brakes sounds like this to them

" Faaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkk yyyyyyoooooooouuu stooooopid birdiiieeeeeee"

Hence provoked attack!!!!

You can be lucky the back brake was quiet or else you would have needed

councelling right about now........

is true!!

I almost was taken out there too. Thing came at me all puffed up. It then launched itself at me. Silly bird. But a mother has to do what a mother has to do.

In other news, my friend got chased by a monitor lizard there. Those are big and aggressive. Guinea fowl will be the least of your worries.

It's a well known recorded fact that squeeky front brakes have similar

vocal characteristics to the mating call of Alascan Deermoose & other

similar animals. Although not 100% confirmed , tests on Guinea Fowl

have recorded that squeeky brakes sounds like this to them

" Faaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkk yyyyyyoooooooouuu stooooopid birdiiieeeeeee"

Hence provoked attack!!!!

You can be lucky the back brake was quiet or else you would have needed

councelling right about now........

is true!!

LOL!!

I almost was taken out there too. Thing came at me all puffed up. It then launched itself at me. Silly bird. But a mother has to do what a mother has to do.

In other news, my friend got chased by a monitor lizard there. Those are big and aggressive. Guinea fowl will be the least of your worries.

Imagine an Ostrich!!

Duuuude you needs to get back to the big city, cows, guinea fowls, what next????

We gonna need to make you a "Nobody cares about your Aminalistic instincts" sticker for your bike!!

Roberts VII Brids of Southern Africa, describes the following:-

"Both adults, especially male, will be extremely aggressive towards potential predators of young, and will drive off animals as large as jackals, baboons, and even humans. Before attacking, wings are arched and spread while bird gives a growling call"

They were just doing what we do when our young are endangered, you were lucky to experience that.

Imagine an Ostrich!!

Petrified of an ostrich!! eek.gif I almost rode smack bang into a gemsbok when I was trying out the track in the game camp - I slammed anchors and it stood no more than 20m from me and refused to budge off the singletrack.... I slow motion reversed and pedalled like hell to get to the main gate. He chased the horses when they were worked around the track, was not going to take a chance! Pretty scary stuff.

Same thing happened to me on the single track near Big Red Barn. I was riding on single track and they were running in the path in front of me. Next moment the last one turns around, both feet up in the air and pointed straight at my face, it was only about a meter or so in front of my bike, so it happened so fast, luckily i ducked and it went over my head.

I am now pretty cautious when they are around.

And yes everyone makes fun of you!!!

Hello hubbers! smile.png

I know that I will proberbly be mocked by you all as much as my friends have mocked me...

I was cycling in the game section of the Nature reserve and as I went onto on of the single trails i decided to try and wear in my front break (which is screaching like anything) on a downhill, as I was getting to the bottom I saw two guinea fowls in the middle of the track so i slowed down not to hit them, when I got to about a meter away, the one opened its wings out and decided to go mad! lol I was so shocked I stopped and thought it would just go past me, but it came straight for my chest and then went down and then again for my side, as soon as that happeded the other one go brave as well and started to open up its wings and make its little noise! At that point I decided to take off, and as i cycled away one of the buggers climbed onto my back! lol

I just wanted to share this little story of mine and find out it it has happened to anyone else before!

Wow I wish that i had a GoPro tongue.png

This needs to be on every page of this thread! I am having such a good laugh at your expense..

Once a seagull flew into my path, caught a big fright and instinctively went into defense mode - which for a seagull is to evacuate its bowels at the attacker!

Not fun riding, covered in stinking half digested fish and crap!