I took out a tonsil on a bike today

DIPSLICK

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather read from page one before commenting.

I have read the entire thread. My point and response stays like it is. Nothing changes.

I have read the entire thread. My point and response stays like it is. Nothing changes.

Give up now

If we as cyclists are MEANT to adhere to the same rules of the roads as motorists then I am sure we should cycle in the same direction as Motor cars

then riding on the shoulder of the road or in an emergency lane would not be legal on a bicycle, or not?

GAH! It IS legal, if you are doing so in order to let faster vehicles pass you, and it is clear & safe to do so.

never ever heard of that before...legal to drive your vehicle in an emergency lane if you are letting faster vehicles go by this is what you are saying?

Yeah, on Saturday I'm riding home after a ride, and these "tonsils (5 of them)" come riding down the narrow yellow lane, against the flow of traffic, and they don't budge, I have to GTFO so that I don't get hit by traffic from behind.... thumbdown.gif

Spray a cloud of pepper spray behind you... let them ride into it.

never ever heard of that before...legal to drive your vehicle in an emergency lane if you are letting faster vehicles go by this is what you are saying?

not to drive all the time, but you're allowed to pull over to let others pass, on single carriage (single lane) roads, where it is safe to do so and does not impede other road users.

Think of the N1 / N2 rural areas where it is bi-directional but single lane. Slower cars are allowed to pull over into the yellow lane to let others pass. It's not a requirement, but it is allowed.

Edited by cptmayhem