I took out a tonsil on a bike today

DIPSLICK

Going about my daily commute to work, i look ahead and see one of these "clever" cyclist who think riding into the traffic is a good idea. There is a steady flow of traffic on my right as it is peak hour traffic, i know i cant go right to avoid this tonsil, he sees me comming(the leagal road user)so in my opinion he must get out of my way since i cant move right(lots of traffic).So when we meet i hold my legal line on impact i push hard left to make sure if i go down i hopefully fall at least on top of the tonsil not a car....i manage to stay up him not so much, i turn around to make sure he is ok,(small scratches on knee and arm) So TONSIL decides to start swinging and swearing at me!!!!! he rather should have left his wounds at scrathes and hurt ego.Now he can add sore ringing ear to his problem..I know there is another thread about how this cycling practice making sense, i did not feel strong enough about it to even comment today i made up my mind,its keep left for a reason, ill see tomorrow if he goes left or right hand side of the road.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure what i would do if i saw a bike coming toward me in that situation...i would likely keep my line and indicate him to go to his right or stop. logic says each go right a little bit....but this certainly highlights the case for NOT riding against traffic

Going about my daily commute to work, i look ahead and see one of these "clever" cyclist who think riding into the traffic is a good idea. There is a steady flow of traffic on my right as it is peak hour traffic, i know i cant go right to avoid this tonsil, he sees me comming(the leagal road user)so in my opinion he must get out of my way since i cant move right(lots of traffic).So when we meet i hold my legal line on impact i push hard left to make sure if i go down i hopefully fall at least on top of the tonsil not a car....i manage to stay up him not so much, i turn around to make sure he is ok,(small scratches on knee and arm) So TONSIL decides to start swinging and swearing at me!!!!! he rather should have left his wounds at scrathes and hurt ego.Now he can add sore ringing ear to his problem..I know there is another thread about how this cycling practice making sense, i did not feel strong enough about it to even comment today i made up my mind,its keep left for a reason, ill see tomorrow if he goes left or right hand side of the road.

Peeps who follow this practice (cycling AGAINST the trafficflow) are clearly out of touch with reality. Me thinks they part of the "Natural Doff Elimination" program...................brain-dead.............Next time, give this person a flatty on both ears.....simultaneously..........then ears will ring in sterio..........

I might come across as a prat, but if I was you i would go to the police station and report it just so that you at least have something on record.

Npt before long they might knock on your door for hit and run (which will be a lie) or assault.

There's a pepper spray thread here somewhere, maybe get some pointers from there as well?

I dont know about the need for pepper spray in this situation, i ride with pepper spray but i think i used the right amount of force for the b1tch good old fashined P.K WORKED PERFECTLY mouth closed, helmet on his way again

not sure what i would do if i saw a bike coming toward me in that situation...i would likely keep my line and indicate him to go to his right or stop. logic says each go right a little bit....but this certainly highlights the case for NOT riding against traffic

Yeah, on Saturday I'm riding home after a ride, and these "tonsils (5 of them)" come riding down the narrow yellow lane, against the flow of traffic, and they don't budge, I have to GTFO so that I don't get hit by traffic from behind.... thumbdown.gif

I might come across as a prat, but if I was you i would go to the police station and report it just so that you at least have something on record.

Npt before long they might knock on your door for hit and run (which will be a lie) or assault.

agreed thanks

Its a difficult one, the farmworkers around here tend to ride against the traffic so where possible I just move over, I guess they dont know any better.

However I think we as recreational users and generally holders of drivers licences should!

eish this could receive some banter so go easy chaps.unsure.png I like to think I'm more of a lover than a fighter & dont think it's a great idea to go around looking for k@k, sure if it cannot be avoided, then OK, but I can tell you that I ride on the wrong side of the road sometimes (yes I said it) especially when there is no shoulder on the "right side" of the road and only on the wrong side of the road. The old Heidelburg road is a great example.

I also sometimes ride on the wrong side of the road when I have had some cars give me a few close shaves on the right side of the road, I then go to the wrong side so that I can see them coming.......BLAST AWAY

Edited by Wipeout2

Kitted out cyclist, as far as i know i can still use the word WHITE if thats what you asking

No worries, I assumed incorrectly but did wonder as I know that when I asked my gardener about why he rides against the traffic he saw it as 'self preservation' - 'I want to see the cars so they don't ride me over from behind'