I took out a tonsil on a bike today

DIPSLICK

You don't strike me as the kinda guy to give someone a helluva hiding

HAHAHA are you really going to try and stirrrr up k@k where there is none? Lets keep to the point? The OP ramming into a oncoming cyclist that was a poephol for not going out of the way of a cyclist on the legal side of the road. The OP being in the TOTAL RIGHT. If you read what i said i would have gone around if i saw it being clear (because i can see) or pull over so that he can pass safely.

So get your G-string out of a knot and relax.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got no problems with commuters coming towards me on bikes as they're slow-moving and always make space & thats how they ride. I also make space for them.

My initial view of a recreational cyclist doing the same thing would be that they were stupid; and I would put the onus on them to avoid me. Am not saying i'm right, just highlighting my prejudices.

HAHAHA are you really going to try and stirrrr up k@k where there is none? Lets keep to the point? The OP ramming into a oncoming cyclist that was a poephol for not going out of the way of a cyclist on the legal side of the road. The OP being in the TOTAL RIGHT. If you read what i said i would have gone around if i saw it being clear (because i can see) or pull over so that he can pass safely.

I am sticking to the point. You think because you are riding on the WRONG side of the road you can give someone a helluva hiding if they ride into you?

Where in the ops original post did you see any RAMMING going on? Doesn't mean because he pushed left on impact that he rammed into anyone, he was simply avoiding been thrown into the traffic.

And who do you think you are to ride on the WRONG side of the road and expect law abiding cyclists to stop and get off their bikes and give way to you?

You were right in your first post, you are a TONSIL

I've got no problems with commuters coming towards me on bikes as they're slow-moving and always make space & thats how they ride. I also make space for them.

My initial view of a recreational cyclist doing the same thing would be that they were stupid; and I would put the onus on them to avoid me. Am not saying i'm right, just highlighting my prejudices.

The problem with many cyclists are that everyone thinks they are right and the rest are wrong. But infact none of us are right or wrong. We deal with the situation as it is at te moment and noone ever elaborates about the circumstances of the so called incident (not related to the OP's post but incidents in general)

Sometimes i ride on the "right" side when its safe to do so. Other places i ride on the srong side because IN MY OPINION it is the safer side.

In a taxi drivers' opinion they are in the right and entitled to drive the way they do. This does not make it right.

I AM A TONSIL AND PROUD!!!! I TOOK A DIVE ON TUESDAY THAT LEFT ME WITH A FARKED ELBOW AND KNEE !! if i had been traveling the right direction i would have been run over by a woman stuffing her face with a pie !! so screw who ever wants to call me a tonsil a idiot or call it cleaning out the gene pool !! You will be run over i will be alive. The way i see it is presicely I SEE IT !!

I go out of my way when a cyclist approaches but i can promise you if one had to try and ram me like you did i would be the one better off and you will get one heluva hiding!!

post-7-0-09446800-1358239472_thumb.jpg

But infact none of us are right or wrong.

Right = Cyclists riding on the left hand side of the road

Wrong = Cyclists riding on the right hand side of road against traffic

If you want to ride on the right hand side of the road make sure you are on the grass/gravel and not in the road

I am sticking to the point. You think because you are riding on the WRONG side of the road you can give someone a helluva hiding if they ride into you?

Where in the ops original post did you see any RAMMING going on? Doesn't mean because he pushed left on impact that he rammed into anyone, he was simply avoiding been thrown into the traffic.

And who do you think you are to ride on the WRONG side of the road and expect law abiding cyclists to stop and get off their bikes and give way to you?

You were right in your first post, you are a TONSIL

Where in my post did you see me mentioning that the OP was in the wrong ? I too would have done the same. And also where in my post did i say i expect the cyclist on the Right side to stop get off and let me pass? If you took the time to read you would have seen that i mentioned i would have given the right of way to the cyclist on the right side. Rather relax and read. Im a tonsil yes cool are you happy? i have said it twice. I ride on the wrong side of the road when it is safer than the right side of the road. So shoot me.

In a taxi drivers' opinion they are in the right and entitled to drive the way they do. This does not make it right.

He is going to turn around and say he is only speaking about cyclists

His argument stinks

same here, I never go out looking for k@k, but if someone had to do this to me or get up in my face when I am riding "my way" expect some retaliation.

edited in...dipslick not saying you went out looking for k@k

The guy held his line, there was no "ramming" involved from what I read, there was a collision because the guilty party wouldn't move. Was not in the wrong and then got confronted by the guilty party.

The problem with many cyclists are that everyone thinks they are right and the rest are wrong. But infact none of us are right or wrong. We deal with the situation as it is at te moment and noone ever elaborates about the circumstances of the so called incident (not related to the OP's post but incidents in general)

Sometimes i ride on the "right" side when its safe to do so. Other places i ride on the srong side because IN MY OPINION it is the safer side.

i hear you and as i said previously i do agree if the one side is lets say washed away, or road works, and the other side has a 2 meter shoulder i dont think anyone would disagree, in that case he moves to the left and you pass each other safely no harm in that, but you cant willing place another fellow cyclists in danger if you both got no room to move , some one is getting hurt

He is going to turn around and say he is only speaking about cyclists

His argument stinks

I have not had an argument and still do not. You should get off your high horse and RELAX. READ boet READ.

Also let me just add that i ride a MTB and do not spend my riding time on the street but unfortunately there is only tar roads to rietvlei.