My very first MTB Race - Need help.

Peanut Butter

I think 2.5 will be fine then dont want a snake bite. What do you say Eldron

I think thats about right for 110kg with tubes. You can go lower if you're a "finesse" rider that smooths out the bumps with technique but as a beginner I reckon 2.5 is good.

Go tubeless - you can run lower pressures that result in more grip and comfort.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, is this a inhouse joke or what??

A snake bite is when you hit a rock/obstacle and the tube is pinched between the rim and the rock - the twin puncture holes look like a snake bite hence the name ;-)

hahaha, is this a inhouse joke or what??

what joke. Snake bite?

Edited by Jotto

Thanx Wessel. maybe will join you one day on that brekkie.

Raab, what about some MTB ettiket??? where do I start?? Must I start @ the back or does it depend on the kind of route we do??

Cool ill pm you when we go again.

Remeber new rules... No sleeves shirts, no go pros, and no earphones. 2 weeks ago some guys git puled out the babbas race

Jacques, what do you mean by No sleeves shirts?? aint a normal T-shirt good enough??

Jacques, what do you mean by No sleeves shirts?? aint a normal T-shirt good enough??

The shirts with the sleeves chopped off, like a tri suit. Normal t-shirt is fine. Nothing in your ears or go-pros on you head.

Just go and have a jol...take a spare tube...a SRAM quick link for your chain...1 bomb and adapter. two bottles of juice / water

Okay, Just misunderstood that one. Thanks.

Is the bomb I use for my road bike the same as the bomb I will use for my MTB??

Okay, Just misunderstood that one. Thanks.

Is the bomb I use for my road bike the same as the bomb I will use for my MTB??

It should work, but those are 12g bombs. For MTB you usually use 16g bombs.

It should work, but those are 12g bombs. For MTB you usually use 16g bombs.

Or if it's a 29r you need a 25g bomb ph34r.png

Tube 29. Well, I bought the Titan Comp 29er with the standard stuff, so I think it's tube. I need to find a book like "MTB for dummies" or something. Like I said, I'm knew to cycling. lol

Make sure you have a spare tube and know how to change it.

The USN race is normaly quite popular with kids and families and has a great vibe and whatever you think I KNOW you will have fun.

A couple of years ago the 10km ride was one of the first races my daughter did-12 at the time-and as you get to the finish you ride quite close to the dam which is quite bumpy. Well a couple of bumps later she found herself and her bike sitting in the dam in the middle of June. Man was she p*ssed off! When I spoke to the marshal who saw it happen later on, he said seeing the expession on her face was priceless and killed himself laughing.

Edited by Pusher

The shirts with no sleaves ( wife beater) are not allowed. All shirts must have sleaves

Just ride as if its a fun ride. If you feel you cant anymore, pull iff an get out of the track and take a min.

Watch out for loose sand and riders suddenly just stoping in the path.

Even if its 30km i take a camel bak filled with weak game mix ,as i put my phn in there ( emergency) i put in a banana and some jelly sweeties.

I also cycle with a water bottle with just water as back up.

Remeber new rules... No sleeves shirts, no go pros, and no earphones. 2 weeks ago some guys git puled out the babbas race

What??Why??

What??Why??

Use the search function.... some organizers/CSA officials doesn't want use to use it [at all].