Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Guest Omega Man

I might have accidentally tripped and bought something unique/interesting/raad.

I'll give y'all a few clues.

My affinity towards the brand

I realllllly loved the Enduro but can't afford it

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have accidentally tripped and bought something unique/interesting/raad.

I'll give y'all a few clues.

My affinity towards the brand

I realllllly loved the Enduro but can't afford it

Stumpy, or the Intense?

post-18968-0-84643900-1406037639_thumb.jpg

Is that a Marz shock on the front that I see,have not seen them for yonks. Had one on my Marin steel hardtail about 15 years ago.

I do a lot of trail riding and do some Marathon participation for my own pleasure. My hard tail aint cutting it anymore. Except keeping my hard tail for training on the city curbs and the occasional not to technical race I am not a guy that can afford a stable of bicycles. I am gatfol of breaking stuff in marathon rides but enjoy my bike during climbs and flats.

What is the solution here. Is enduro bikes really more suited for flattish landscape and gravity riding or can it compete on some hills. Should I buy an XC bike and get it over with.

Trail /AM bike are never gonna climb like a XC bike but you will still get to the top,but you will have a damn blast down the hills where as your XC bike won't give you that.

Is that a Marz shock on the front that I see,have not seen them for yonks. Had one on my Marin steel hardtail about 15 years ago.

They're back, in a BIG way. Big on performance, Big on price.

This is mine: Yes, it's as heavy as it looks (3.2 kilos - YIKES!!!) and No. I couldn't give a toss. She's worth every gram.

post-3056-1405837030,7275.jpg

post-18968-0-84643900-1406037639_thumb.jpg

Thank f***in goodness....my faith in the world has been restored. When you getting the puppie Oh Mega?... you bastard....

They're back, in a BIG way. Big on performance, Big on price.

This is mine: Yes, it's as heavy as it looks (3.2 kilos - YIKES!!!) and No. I couldn't give a toss. She's worth every gram.

post-3056-1405837030,7275.jpg

I'm not really stressed about weight to just as long as it's bombproof,who are the agents for them now.

I do a lot of trail riding and do some Marathon participation for my own pleasure. My hard tail aint cutting it anymore. Except keeping my hard tail for training on the city curbs and the occasional not to technical race I am not a guy that can afford a stable of bicycles. I am gatfol of breaking stuff in marathon rides but enjoy my bike during climbs and flats.

What is the solution here. Is enduro bikes really more suited for flattish landscape and gravity riding or can it compete on some hills. Should I buy an XC bike and get it over with.

I think you are confusing endurance with Enduro*. Endurance is much like XC, but for hours on end. Enduro is what used to be All Mountain. Technical trail riding with jumps, drops, hucks, baggies and berms.

EDIT: buying a short(ish) travel dual suspension bike looks to be your answer. A bike like a Giant Anthem or Trance can cover most ground with lots of confidence and ease.

* Note industry wide use of the capital "E".

Edited by Iwan Kemp

I think you are confusing endurance with Enduro*. Endurance is much like XC, but for hours on end. Enduro is what used to be All Mountain. Technical trail riding with jumps, drops, hucks, baggies and berms.

* Note industry wide use of the capital "E".

To go further into it further, Enduro is actually the race setup, where there are Special Stages (predominantly downhill but not necessarily), which are timed, these are connected by liaison stages, which are not (though depending the race/organisers, each special stage may have a cutoff start time or a dedicated time the each competitor needs to start).

AM bikes tend to lend themselves to this sort of format, but there's nothing stopping anyone setting an XCO style Enduro.

The only thing the Enduro "might" share with Endurance races is the liaison, though one can get pretty tired giving it a good tonkl on the Special Stages, was starting to cramp in my left calf on Sunday towards the end.

Yip, was part of the Yellow Saddle take-over deal.

You think they'll bring in any of the good stuff?