Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Myles, what Reign did you end up getting?

Seeing as everything is f***ed of late, I reckon Giant is the only viable option when it comes to new bikes.  Barely.

Waiting on prices for Trance and Reign and have an affordable option on a new 2015 Trance Advanced 2, but I don't want to rush.

The Reign does however tickle my fancy as a "one bike" bike with which I can race the odd Enduro Class DH and Enduro's and even take to Europe (in 2050 when the ZAR settles down).

Seeing as everything is f***ed of late, I reckon Giant is the only viable option when it comes to new bikes.  Barely.

Waiting on prices for Trance and Reign and have an affordable option on a new 2015 Trance Advanced 2, but I don't want to rush.

The Reign does however tickle my fancy as a "one bike" bike with which I can race the odd Enduro Class DH and Enduro's and even take to Europe (in 2050 when the ZAR settles down).

I ended up getting the Reign Advanced 1. Pre USD nuttery, when it was still approx 50k. And semi-affordable. 

For you, I'd definitely say the Reign is the better option, even if you put a Pike on the front of the Trance. It's burlier than the Trance, slightly longer and doesn't climb badly at all for what it is. 

What about one of the old new stock Stumpys or Enduros? If they're still around. 

I ended up getting the Reign Advanced 1. Pre USD nuttery, when it was still approx 50k. And semi-affordable.

For you, I'd definitely say the Reign is the better option, even if you put a Pike on the front of the Trance. It's burlier than the Trance, slightly longer and doesn't climb badly at all for what it is.

What about one of the old new stock Stumpys or Enduros? If they're still around.

Ja those are options if available. Just starting my research. Edited by NicoBoshoff

Oh, and between the alu Reign 2 and carbon Trance Advanced 2, I'd go Alu Reign all the way. Yes, carbon, but still - Only place the Trance trumps Reign is on the frame and brakes (Guide vs SLX)

Reign has Pike, vs Sektor. PAM-2 wheels vs P-XC. Drivetrain is much of a muchness (X7 vs deore / slx)

If I was buying now, with the same amount of cash, it'd be the alu reign all the time. TBH I reckon you CAN take the Trance to France, but the Reign would just be *that* much more suited to it, and everything else...   

Ja those are options if available. Just starting my research.

Good luck, man. I know - it's a helluva decision making process. Especially with the prices we now have too pay. 

I'd keep my current XT brakes and drive train. Stumpy's Revelation is a turnoff tbh.

What about a frameset? Use all your existing bits. Something like a Transition / Banshee / Kona / Giant... Still reasonably priced, and you'd get a good bike for less than a complete new bike. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

What about a frameset? Use all your existing bits. Something like a Transition / Banshee / Kona / Giant... Still reasonably priced, and you'd get a good bike for less than a complete new bike. 

BBAAANNNSSSHHHHEEEE!!!

Yeah of course an option, but that limits me to 29'er and I'm on the verge of taking a shotgun to my X-fusion fork, so it'd have to be frame and fork, which is a lot already.

Yeah of course an option, but that limits me to 29'er and I'm on the verge of taking a shotgun to my X-fusion fork, so it'd have to be frame and fork, which is a lot already.

what's up with the fork

Trance framesets are around R14500 & Trance 2 around R31000 (some odd) last time I enquired.

This one? If so, I have to agree with Nico. 

http://d2k6j1fqfkfmqi.cloudfront.net/_generated/_generated_in/bikes/models/images/2000/2015/Full_E_Plus_1.jpg

He must have posted in the wrong section...shouldn't it be under motorcycles......those damn beers

He must have posted in the wrong section...shouldn't it be under motorcycles......those damn beers

It's pedal assist.

Don't knock it till you try it. That's all I'm saying.

However at the price you could buy a new Reign AND a very nice 2nd hand motocross bike.

Edited by Duane_Bosch