Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has been posted before but man I'm itching to pull the trigger on one of these.

Sooo pretty and not to mention the build spec on the "1 Build" leaves nothing to the imagination

FAP FAP FAP.....................

Edit Image size

post-18902-0-63878500-1415273933_thumb.jpg

Edited by missionS

I know this has been posted before but man I'm itching to pull the trigger on one of these.

Sooo pretty and not to mention the build spec on the "1 Build" leaves nothing to the imagination

An absolute beaut!

Sooo pretty and not to mention the build spec on the "1 Build" leaves nothing to the imagination

Edit Image size

A Little birdie told me you can get these locally now! Check out mountainbikers do it downhill on facebook. The same guys who's bringing in Banshee. 

Edited by RvdM555

Transition & Banshee are now available in South Africa. Had a chat to the importer this weekend, they'll be having demo days in December with Banshee, and Transition should be here in February. :thumbup:

who are the importers? Those new Transitions are awesome

nice development! any word on whether full bikes only, or will they offer framesets?

From what I understand framesets only, but buildkits can be brought in on request.

Keep checking Facebook: Downhillers do it Downhill and Swamp Dogs....they'll post any news and contact details there.

Music to my ears:

" All of a bike's numbers come together to form its personality, and it bears mentioning that the our large-sized HD3 test bike is 27mm shorter in total length than a large Nomad, and a whopping 49mm less than the big GT, and while the bottom bracket height sits just a few millimeters higher on the Ibis, its head angle is 1.6° steeper than the Nomad and and 0.6° steeper than the Sanction.

What I'm getting at is that the HD3 is simply a hell of a lot more manageable on the very large majority of trails that don't force you to rub your crotch on the rear tire. It asks for a lighter steering inputs, it's easier to place, and it has a more lively temperament. In short, it's more fun to ride in roughly 95% of the places where you'd ride a mountain bike."

Also:

"Where it differs from prior models is the suspension’s linkage design and shock placement. Before, the upper pivots were closer to or in front of the seatpost and the lower linkages and pivots sat lower and were angled differently. From an aesthetic standpoint it may have been a bit cleaner before, but this new version has several benefits.

First, it makes room for a water bottle inside the front triangle. More importantly, Ibis says it completely separates the pedaling forces from suspension movement and it, along with the shock tune, creates a very linear compression curve. The result is a bike that feels like it has more travel with predictable action throughout the stroke.

“This is V5 of the DW-link, the latest iteration,” says Nicol. “From prior generations, it provides both better pedaling performance and increased small bump compliance. The real world result is that when climbing, you do not feel like you’re on a 6″ bike, but descending you’re surprised it’s only a 6″ bike. That’s the beauty of this V5 DW, Dave (Weagle) has effectively decoupled travel with climbing performance.”