Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll have to ask really really nicely as far as I know they are not bringing in any of those only the 100mm Helion.. A mate of mine is the Omnico rep here and I ask him a while back. They only brought in one Force if I'm correct. But I'll make sure when I see him tomorrow.

No offence to your mate, but that's bloody idiotic. If GT had priced their force and sensor properly (think giant, Spez camber etc) and brought in enough stock, they would have sold plenty. Just look at how many trances are on the Trails. And the new gt's are proper lookers. They're also on a pretty good suspension design, even though it is a modified single pivot. Always been very efficient.

So... I am planning on getting a 2015 #Enduro comp.

Problem is I have a never ending debate with myself!

650b or 29...

My mind automatically goes to 650 BUT!

29er I can take delivery at the end of October

650b I can only get around Feb/March 2015...

While doing my homework it is very clear that the 29er is a very capable bike and is no less a bike than the 650b, each with their own personality...

post-31228-0-99733100-1410603731_thumb.jpg

No offence to your mate, but that's bloody idiotic. If GT had priced their force and sensor properly (think giant, Spez camber etc) and brought in enough stock, they would have sold plenty. Just look at how many trances are on the Trails. And the new gt's are proper lookers. They're also on a pretty good suspension design, even though it is a modified single pivot. Always been very efficient.

Its idiotic from the importers side, granted that maybe GT internationals pricing was overpriced for all we know... My mate, like you and I, has no call whatsoever on what they decide to bring in so you'll have to argue pricing with them... If it was up to him as he rides DH the trails would be filled with Sanctions nevermind the Sensors and Forces..

I was only mentioning what he told me so no offense taken.

100% mate. Only mentioned the potential offence as some ppl would have taken it for mentioning that the distribution strategy of the co that he works for is idiotic...

Cool man!

On a different note though... Check what I just picked up for a test ride tomorrow!! (My first experience with the darkside..) totally can't afford it but the owner of the LBS thought I might like it.

post-29780-0-15198900-1410616036_thumb.jpg

So... I am planning on getting a 2015 #Enduro comp.

Problem is I have a never ending debate with myself!

650b or 29...

My mind automatically goes to 650 BUT!

29er I can take delivery at the end of October

650b I can only get around Feb/March 2015...

While doing my homework it is very clear that the 29er is a very capable bike and is no less a bike than the 650b, each with their own personality...

Hi there,

I would suggest that you give them both a good ride before making the decision. The chaps from the big S will be in JHB and PTA in December for their Test the best session.

From personal experience of putting both the 650b and 29er versions through it's paces I can honestly say that the 29er Enduro is the best bike ever made. You can climb with the best and bomb down without any fear or worry. It's the one bike to do it all, and you won't have any excuse not to do that road gap/massive feature when you get there.

Also, the 650b really did not feel that much different to my 26er, where the difference was night and day with the 29er Enduro.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with either, they are just that good.

Edited by Heinrich Hattingh

Do spaz actually have a #enduro 650b test bike?

The whole climbing side of the bike doesn't bother me as my main focus is getting from top to bottom. what I want from the bike is having the most fun possible while bombing down a hill.

Being able to tell if it's a 26,650 or 29 by riding it doesn't really bug me either. I just want to shred! :whistling:

Do spaz actually have a #enduro 650b test bike?

The whole climbing side of the bike doesn't bother me as my main focus is getting from top to bottom. what I want from the bike is having the most fun possible while bombing down a hill.

Being able to tell if it's a 26,650 or 29 by riding it doesn't really bug me either. I just want to shred! :whistling:

Yeah, they will have a 650b at the test the best for you to give a bash.

You are also welcome to come and give my Stumpy a ride if you want to pull through for a ride at Groenkloof.

Let me know.

Yeah, they will have a 650b at the test the best for you to give a bash. You are also welcome to come and give my Stumpy a ride if you want to pull through for a ride at Groenkloof. Let me know.

I used to ride a 26er stumpy which I should never have sold! I have borrowed 29er stumpy's from spaz on two occasions. I wasn't sold on the 29er stumpy even tho I don't have anything bad to say about them. I just could not get comfortable on them once the trail started pointing downwards.

I didn't think that spaz would have 650b test bikes yet since I'm told I can only buy one next year. I have on a few occasions tried to get information about the enduro from the jhb concept stores and they all seem clueless. I have had to phone ballito to get any info on the enduro...

Edit: any idea where I could get their schedule with dates and locations for the test the best tour? I wouldn't mind popping down to kzn to a demo day there!

Edited by Nofearnofun

choosing between the 650 enduro and the xc enduro or whatever it is

just think to yourself "if i see the other one on the trail, will be be even slightly jealous or sad that i didnt get that one"

if the answer is no, then it doesnt matter which one you get

just think about it

youre sitting on your 29er enduro talking to your friends, all the spandex "oaks" checking you out, and a 650 enduro rails past, are you gonna be like "F***" <-- (damn)

or, you shredding past some dude sitting on the side of the trail whos clearly trying to justify the size of his wheels without admitting that hes compensating and you think to your self "i hate this bike, its too playful and it gets around tight corners too easily"

choosing between the 650 enduro and the xc enduro or whatever it isjust think to yourself "if i see the other one on the trail, will be be even slightly jealous or sad that i didnt get that one"if the answer is no, then it doesnt matter which one you getjust think about ityoure sitting on your 29er enduro talking to your friends, all the spandex "oaks" checking you out, and a 650 enduro rails past, are you gonna be like "F***" <-- (damn)or, you shredding past some dude sitting on the side of the trail whos clearly trying to justify the size of his wheels without admitting that hes compensating and you think to your self "i hate this bike, its too playful and it gets around tight corners too easily"

Have your ridden a 29er Enduro?