Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

My frame finally arrived!!!!! EMS tracker shows it still in JHB but I received a letter today saying it was at Cape Mail so took a drive and there it was!

Lucky Bugger!  Mine was posted on 12 Oct (yours 24 Oct if I remember correctly).  Still waiting for mine :-(

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky Bugger!  Mine was posted on 12 Oct (yours 24 Oct if I remember correctly).  Still waiting for mine :-(

mine posted 25 September and still waiting!!

I'm  bit of a lurker so this is my first post but I wanted to show off my IP-036 build :w00t:

I ordered a frame,handlebar,stem,headset,seatpost,bottlecage,rear axle from iplay it took forever to get here due to the strike but at least it arived in one piece.

So far I have installed: 120mm Fox 32 CTD, Crank Bros Iodine 2 rims, xt brakes, race face ride cranks

The rest is still to come as I have blown the budget already but it will be a 1x10 spd setup.

Heres how it is now:

http://i58.tinypic.com/sb4tgj.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2gtcbcx.jpg

EDIT: There is a fair ammount of interest in costs so here is the quote from xmiplay.com for anyone else thats interested:

1 X | IP-036 FS frame (19inch, BSA bottom bracket for 142x12) - 630 USD/piece
1 x | 142x12mm through axle - 15 USD/piece
1 x | Tapered headset - 15 USD/ set
1 X | IP-B04 carbon straight handlebar (640mm, Matte) - 35 USD/piece
1 X | Stem IP-ST1 (100mm, Matte) - 35 USD/piece
1 X | Seat post IP-SP6 - 45 USD/piece
2 X | IP-BC2 UD matt Bottle cages - 11 USD/piece x 2 = 22 USD

Shipping by EMS will cost 115 USD.and 4% commission to PayPal will be charged

So it will be (630+15+15+35+35+45+22+115)x1.04 = 948.48 USD

Edited by beachless

So I get back from my morning ride yesterday and no sooner am I back than my local post office phone me to say one of my packages has arrived for collection... that's a first the local po phoning me  :clap:

Finally my frame had arrived which was shipped end of September..... unfortunately my shifters for the build coming from the UK are still somewhere in the SAPO system, so the build cannot proceed yet !!

The frame and parts took so long to come due to the strike... and as am off the the UK in 2 weeks have decided to upgrade from Ultegra 11spd to Dura Ace.... so will do some shopping whilst there and bring back the upgrades as hand luggage  :ph34r:

As for the frame, packaged very well and no damage, great quality and finish, came complete with headset and spare cable guides for the possible future upgrade to DI2.

First thing I checked after the once over of the frame for any damage or defects was the internal routing... all clear if a little tricky to do.

Very happy with the frame and looking forward to the build, even if this is now going to be after my trip to the UK when I bring back the upgrade  :D

I guess I can now call this a Christmas present from me to me  :clap:

Pics of the frame as delivered

post-33015-0-14244800-1417319867_thumb.jpg

Unpacked

post-33015-0-10444500-1417319904_thumb.jpg

On the Couch

post-33015-0-23037900-1417319936_thumb.jpg

Overall Look

post-33015-0-10639200-1417319968_thumb.jpg

Goodies for the build

post-33015-0-09811100-1417320003_thumb.jpg

So I get back from my morning ride yesterday and no sooner am I back than my local post office phone me to say one of my packages has arrived for collection... that's a first the local po phoning me :clap:

Finally my frame had arrived which was shipped end of September..... unfortunately my shifters for the build coming from the UK are still somewhere in the SAPO system, so the build cannot proceed yet !!

The frame and parts took so long to come due to the strike... and as am off the the UK in 2 weeks have decided to upgrade from Ultegra 11spd to Dura Ace.... so will do some shopping whilst there and bring back the upgrades as hand luggage :ph34r:

As for the frame, packaged very well and no damage, great quality and finish, came complete with headset and spare cable guides for the possible future upgrade to DI2.

First thing I checked after the once over of the frame for any damage or defects was the internal routing... all clear if a little tricky to do.

Very happy with the frame and looking forward to the build, even if this is now going to be after my trip to the UK when I bring back the upgrade :D

I guess I can now call this a Christmas present from me to me :clap:

attachicon.gifDSCI1848.JPG

Unpacked

attachicon.gifDSCI1849.JPG

On the Couch

attachicon.gifDSCI1852.JPG

Overall Look

attachicon.gifDSCI1853.JPG

Goodies for the build

attachicon.gifDSCI1856.JPG

Very nice. Are you keeping the frame blank? Edited by LOOK695

So I get back from my morning ride yesterday and no sooner am I back than my local post office phone me to say one of my packages has arrived for collection... that's a first the local po phoning me  :clap:

The frame and parts took so long to come due to the strike... and as am off the the UK in 2 weeks have decided to upgrade from Ultegra 11spd to Dura Ace.... so will do some shopping whilst there and bring back the upgrades as hand luggage  :ph34r:

Very happy with the frame and looking forward to the build, even if this is now going to be after my trip to the UK when I bring back the upgrade  :D

I guess I can now call this a Christmas present from me to me  :clap:

attachicon.gifDSCI1848.JPG

Unpacked

attachicon.gifDSCI1849.JPG

On the Couch

attachicon.gifDSCI1852.JPG

Overall Look

attachicon.gifDSCI1853.JPG

Goodies for the build

attachicon.gifDSCI1856.JPG

Wow , can u share supplier ? And some pictures complete steed !

Very nice. Are you keeping the frame blank?

Yes will stay blank, I was thinking of putting my own logo design... but the more I look at the frame... the more I like the black on black on black :)

Now to consider sourcing complete black race wheels !!

Edited by shaper

Wow , can u share supplier ? And some pictures complete steed !

Will do more pics when the build is finished... once the new upgrades have arrived.

As for supplier, I went through a broker on Aliexpress http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1317057

The invoice receipt is from a company called Feel Technology Co Limited who I guess are the manufacturers

Yes will stay blank, I was thinking of putting my own logo design... but the more I look at the frame... the more I like the black on black on black :)

Now to consider sourcing complete black race wheels !!

Thought maybe that Bogus would be asked to work some more magic

Hey guys, need some help. Thought this would be the best place to ask. Wanting to buy some sidi shoes from Ebay. Any one know what the import duties are that i could expect?

thanks

Hey guys, need some help. Thought this would be the best place to ask. Wanting to buy some sidi shoes from Ebay. Any one know what the import duties are that i could expect?

thanks

one quick search of the forums, see top right where is shows a magnifying glass 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/75887-import-duties-on-cycling-goods/?hl=import+duties

Edited by shaper