Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-8906-0-29229900-1400581444.jpg

Where do I get a 2x10 XT groupset for R5900 from? that's really cheap isn't it?

MerlinCycles, that was on special and it was almost 2 years ago...

cool thanks meezo. will look into it. Im getting the itch to do a carbon bike so just want to do research etc before I take the plunge.

cool thanks meezo. will look into it. Im getting the itch to do a carbon bike so just want to do research etc before I take the plunge.

Itch might be the wrong word here seeing the thread about itching

MerlinCycles, that was on special and it was almost 2 years ago...

Whist I know you meant well, is always the problem when prices are quoted, people are too lazy to read the thread and to know that you stated that the prices are from a few years ago.

Shame people cannot do their own research and price items up accordingly!

Anyone who knows how to build a bike knows what components go into the build and should be able to create a spreadsheet similar to yours and start filling in the blanks.

This thread is about carbon frames and should be kept to that, so ask questions about suppliers and feedback from owners!

Whist I know you meant well, is always the problem when prices are quoted, people are too lazy to read the thread and to know that you stated that the prices are from a few years ago.

Shame people cannot do their own research and price items up accordingly!

Anyone who knows how to build a bike knows what components go into the build and should be able to create a spreadsheet similar to yours and start filling in the blanks.

This thread is about carbon frames and should be kept to that, so ask questions about suppliers and feedback from owners!

My bad :wacko:

My bad :wacko:

not at all Meezo, you are the one that helps most... seems a lot are lazy unless they are spoon fed with a silver spoon!!

Urm is it not the Idea to share knowledge on this tread or is it about bragging with the builds? I for one are a total noob to mostly anything MTB related. That is why I joined and became a hubber. I appreciate the info people share as it will save me time, money and energy. I asked for a list because it will help me to eliminate ending up with unforeseen costly items when I start planning my own build sometime next year.

Meezo do not say sorry this is a public forum where you can share as much as you want. Me and quite a few others appreciate the info.

I appreciate all of Meezo's aswell has everybody else's help.

Then if you want to learn, read and understand what is written in its entirety... Meezo advised that his spreadsheet was from a few years ago when prices and the exchange rate was much better than today... yet you ask where you can get a groupset for that price....

jeez dude calm down I was just asking him a basic question. the only places I know only know where to get groupsets from locally and they lank expensive so was just asking. take a chill pill, we all here to learn especially us noobs

jeez dude calm down I was just asking him a basic question. the only places I know where to get groupsets from are locally and they lank expensive so was just asking. take a chill pill, we all here to learn especially us noobs

Then if you want to learn, read and understand what is written in its entirety... Meezo advised that his spreadsheet was from a few years ago when prices and the exchange rate was much better than today... yet you ask where you can get a groupset for that price....

Didn't he ask it before Meezo said it was from 2 years ago?

EDIT: Thats how i read it atleast...

Edited by lucmccann

For those interested, I asked for a quote from Dengfu:

Frame 156 18" (27.5) - $630 and $14 for the headset

Wheels - $375

Frame 036 17.5" (29) - $660 and $14 for headset

Wheels - $380

Shipping was $315 for two frames and $285 for two wheelsets

This is for information only.

Hi Guys. Which is to your knowledge of the HongFu frames are the best for FM056 or FM057 or what is the difference. Also those who bought frames before. What was the import duties like.