Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to order a set on Time Trial bars but im not sure which supplier to go with. Has anyone bought from aliexpress?

Hi Guys. Which is to your knowledge of the HongFu frames are the best for FM056 or FM057 or what is the difference. Also those who bought frames before. What was the import duties like.

These are the same frames, FM056 is QR rear dropouts, the FM057 is TA rear dropouts. Look at my bike on page 2 or 3, its the FM056. Are you in CPT? Come test ride?

I want to order a set on Time Trial bars but im not sure which supplier to go with. Has anyone bought from aliexpress?

10-1 the suppliers on aliexpress are the same mentioned in this thread.

These are the same frames, FM056 is QR rear dropouts, the FM057 is TA rear dropouts. Look at my bike on page 2 or 3, its the FM056. Are you in CPT? Come test ride?

Im thinking of the FM057 142 x 12 dropout. Nope I moved from CT to PTA 2 years ago. What was the import duties like. I'm thinking of importing two frames and selling one. What do you prefer 135 10 or 142 12

10-1 the suppliers on aliexpress are the same mentioned in this thread.

Thanks Meezo. Will have a look see tomorrow

hi guys need some help. i have inquired a track frame from hongfu. how do i go about paying them do i just use the current exchange rate and pay the amount in (Rand) into their account?

Edited by ruan kruger33

hi guys need some help. i have inquired a track frame from hongfu. how do i go about paying them do i just use the current exchange rate and pay the amount in (Rand) into their account?

Set up a paypal account and pay through that, you will then have payment protection through paypal

Set up a paypal account and pay through that, you will then have payment protection through paypal

okay cool so i dont have to pay in USD i can just work it out using the exchange rate and pay in rands?

okay cool so i dont have to pay in USD i can just work it out using the exchange rate and pay in rands?

When you register and open an account with paypal, you need to give credit card details and a postal/delivery address. When the transaction is processed by paypal, they will calculate the exchange rate and deduct in Rands from your credit card, you need to do nothing else.

Just ensure you have the correct information and postal/delivery address accordingly in your paypal account.

As you seem to have not done online/overseas buying before, have you also factored in the costs of importation duties and VAT? Roughly 15.6% on bicycle parts.

Hongfu will specify a number of payment methods and am sure paypal is one of them, it is the most convenient and easiest and gives you peace of mind with the payment protection plan should the goods not arrive and be able to use the resolution facility in this unlikely event.

Do they not specify methods of payment on your inquiry?

Edited by shaper

When you register and open an account with paypal, you need to give credit card details and a postal/delivery address. When the transaction is processed by paypal, they will calculate the exchange rate and deduct in Rands from your credit card, you need to do nothing else.

Just ensure you have the correct information and postal/delivery address accordingly in your paypal account.

As you seem to have not done online/overseas buying before, have you also factored in the costs of importation duties and VAT? Roughly 15.6% on bicycle parts.

Hongfu will specify a number of payment methods and am sure paypal is one of them, it is the most convenient and easiest and gives you peace of mind with the payment protection plan should the goods not arrive and be able to use the resolution facility in this unlikely event.

Do they not specify methods of payment on your inquiry?

your help is much apprciated. as i am new to buying online. thanks you you have helped alot!!!

your help is much apprciated. as i am new to buying online. thanks you you have helped alot!!!

You may want to consider buying something small like a set of handle bars off ebay using paypal, so that you know the whole process of shopping online internationally and paying with paypal, get an idea of shipping times (10-30days or longer), how custom clearance works and how to track and trace internationally as well as through the SAPO until the goods arrive at your door or PO Box for collection and payment of duties.

In that way you have not laid out a lot of cash and then will understand everything with regard to the length of time (because it can be a long time) and you wont spend your life worrying because you have dropped a shedfull of Rands and are worrying every minute of every day about receiving the goods.

Especially with goods out of the far east, they take weeks and most new to this type of shopping worry for no real reason just because the goods did not arrive like yesterday as they expect. It takes weeks!

When I shop, I forget about the item until about 3 weeks after the purchase, sometimes am surprised to find a parcel note in my PO Box when I start thinking about it, as it has arrived sooner than I expect, else I start tracking it (as all come with tracking numbers) to see where it is.

FM098 from Dengfu

Hi Guys …if i may put my 2 cents… the dengfu is more like the Venge … i was also looking for a frame like Tarmac but haven't found an exact match yet. There are some thats about 90% there...

For those who doubt…. i have read and researched over 2 years on this now… everything breaks !! The chinese Frame are build with quality and there are some very good riders in Australia that use them and some say they even better than some branded ones. Like i say everything breaks as it depends on the rider that needs to look after it! Far as i know iPad's & iPhones are also made in china…(Foxconn) correct me if I'm wrong but that shows you that there are super good quality from china. Even here you get great service, good service and crappy service…same with engineering end anything in life.