Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

For those days when you can't decide if you want a full lid or just 75%

At least the 2R was a 50/50 split. The bit that covers the ears should be part of the chin guard. If the 2R was a car it would be a convertable. All Giro did was install a sunroof.

Looks like a potty [emoji23]

Sent from my Nokia 6310i

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want it. 

at $2500  :eek:

For those days when you can't decide if you want a full lid or just 75%

At least the 2R was a 50/50 split. The bit that covers the ears should be part of the chin guard. If the 2R was a car it would be a convertable. All Giro did was install a sunroof. 

its basically to have ear and cheek protection(giro) or not (bell)

They both equally nice though. Huge factor would be how hot does it get

$250. Not $2500.

I'd still rock it. 

damn, should have been about R2500, :blush:

Edited by Eddy Gordo

I like the Giro. Looks a billion times safer than the Bell.

Absolutely... And personally I think it looks a billion times nicer than the Bell too. I'd go as far as to say it looks much nicer than a lot of the normal trail lids available. I dig the extra coverage and how it looks. Its probably one of those marmite type items - You either love it or hate it, I'm definitely keen on one. 

Some clever features like the adjustable visor and the way the chin bar attached/detaches. Gautengs trails are pretty gnarly with regards to rocks etc so the extra ear/face coverage without the chin bar is welcomed for my riding purposes.

From a post on facebook it looks like Leatt are also going to be launching a hybrid Trail/DH helmet but no doubt it's going to come with a sell your first born price tag...

Also i you compare to motorcycle helmets. The pot type lid that just covers the head above the ears etc are illegal as they are not safe. 

The half face lids, like this giro are allowed as they are deemed safe.

Purchased one of these yesterday for my Enduro:

post-41238-0-69945600-1471506732.jpg

Bike is now fulle "SWAT"ed - topcap holds magic links and chainbreaker, Zee cage with multitool and this Bandit for bomb and nozzle, tube and lever.  

Just need to make a plan with plugs (heard poor things about the Sahmurai and my grips are sealed anyways).

Pretty nice to just take the bike and go without thinking about what I may have left behind. 

Purchased one of these yesterday for my Enduro:

attachicon.gifBandit.jpg

Bike is now fulle "SWAT"ed - topcap holds magic links and chainbreaker, Zee cage with multitool and this Bandit for bomb and nozzle, tube and lever.  

Just need to make a plan with plugs (heard poor things about the Sahmurai and my grips are sealed anyways).

Pretty nice to just take the bike and go without thinking about what I may have left behind. 

Sweet. 

Can you not sew a little pocket / enclosure on to the swat-wrap thing, that is just big enough to hold the awl & plug inserter tools? Doesn't need to be pretty, and an old pair of jeans / riding shirt / canvas would do the trick pretty well. Then the plugs themselves can go in with the tube, or in an internal enclosure that you can sew on to the piece that backs onto the tube...  

Sweet. 

Can you not sew a little pocket / enclosure on to the swat-wrap thing, that is just big enough to hold the awl & plug inserter tools? Doesn't need to be pretty, and an old pair of jeans / riding shirt / canvas would do the trick pretty well. Then the plugs themselves can go in with the tube, or in an internal enclosure that you can sew on to the piece that backs onto the tube...  

Hmmm, that's not a half bad idea.  Will look into that.

The other option I saw was some protective tape on the top tube and then a Bic Pen cap taped onto the tube tightly.  You then preload an inserter tool with a plug and just pop it in as you would a pen.  Worked for the guy on an EWS so can't be too shabby.