Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I popped in to rapid sports to check the etto helmets out. What an awesome buy for only R440. I ended up chatting to one of the owners, I asked and he says they're totally willing to ship it via speed services if anyone wants to order. :)

I bought an orange one and got a nice little deal at the counter for paying cash.

post-34492-1387819646,8579.jpg

510 ront. Normal SAPO. Being sent on Monday - May take a while over the festive season...

... One of the owners popped out to the post office today to send your helmet when I was there. :)

... One of the owners popped out to the post office today to send your helmet when I was there. :)

Thanks! Can't wait to receive it.

Phillip mailed to tell me it was on its way.

And thanks for the pics and feedback. Stoked it seems like a good buy.

How is the fit? Nice and comfy?

I can't seem to find any reviews on them.

Did the red route at Harkerville yesterday.

Fits well if in the right spot, tilt it a bit too far back and it hurts your forehead (mine anyway).

That slight tap forward made a world of difference.

I popped in to rapid sports to check the etto helmets out. What an awesome buy for only R440. I ended up chatting to one of the owners, I asked and he says they're totally willing to ship it via speed services if anyone wants to order. :)

I bought an orange one and got a nice little deal at the counter for paying cash.

post-34492-1387819646,8579.jpg

All the colours look great, seriously struggled on which one to pick

Did the red route at Harkerville yesterday.

Fits well if in the right spot, tilt it a bit too far back and it hurts your forehead (mine anyway).

That slight tap forward made a world of difference.

I took mine out today, I found the exact same thing...

Contact Jason at International trade... here's another option to consider.. will be arriving very soon.

Hi there, just had a little off and cracked my Giro Xar right through. This looks like a decent replacement option. Can you post some details for Jason / pricing / etc. Appreciated!

Guest Omega Man

Anyone know where to buy the Bell Super locally / what price?

Thanks!

They are all over in Cape Town.

Olympic

Recycles

Trail & Tar

Don't get the matt black one with the speed stripe. That's mine.

Thanks Omega,

.... actually have my eye on the After Party version .... don't suspect many will go for this one

Aaah. Thats the one I am keen on

Guest Omega Man

Thanks Omega,

.... actually have my eye on the After Party version .... don't suspect many will go for this one

Just a heads up. Pardon the pun. I'm not the kind of guy who raves about something just cos it's new so if you want an honest review for something I've actually used I'm your guy.

It's not all champagne and roses with the Bell Super. This helmet is definitely not for everybody. It's pretty heavy for a trail lid and if you aren't moving it gets pretty hot pretty quickly. It's significantly heavier and hotter than the prevoius Bell Trail lid that i have. If you do 50km on jeeptrack this is definitely not the helmet for you. Plus the price is somewhat ridiculous. You can buy a Fox V1 Motocross helmet for the same price.

Having said that it's really a pretty helmet. In my opinion it's by far the best looking trail lid out there. The weight can also be explained away because of the extra coverage the helmet has. The venting in the helmet is very reminiscent of the venting on my DH lids but you do need to be moving to get the most out of that. I really like the built in gopro mount. It's held in place with velcro so it's easily removable. A quick test of it yesterday at Tokai proved pretty successful although I'm not a fan of having a camera right on the top of the top of your head. The little wheel sizing goodie at the back of the lid is a great feature. The fact that you can wear goggles with it without crushing your nose is a huge plus.

I'd say it's a downhillers trail lid. Guys that are used to wearing full faces won't be too bothered by the weight and the heat but will enjoy the extra coverage and the fact that it actually works with goggles.

It was a toss up between the Bell and the 661 Recon for me. The 661 is cheaper and lighter but is less feature rich. The salesman had me when he said the Bell made me look younger.

Things I don't like.

It's heavy

It's hot

The price

Things I like

Works well with goggles

Integrated gopro mount

strapping system

build quality

fit

I still think there's a large lucrative market for a well designed lightweight fullface trail helmet that doesn't look like a rectum. That Giro thing was a fail and the Urge is ugly as all hell. I'll bet that by the end of 2014 we'll see some decent looking fullface trail lids. The market is too big to ignore.