PPC Kremetart one day stage Race 8th June (MTB 9th June)

The Guy in Pink

The Massive HUB crash wiped out this event from the Forum.

Entries close tomorrow,

Saturday 8th June 175km in four easy stages, food and refreshment fter each stage and a Potjie afterwards.

Sunday 9th June Kremetart MTB Races

This year, the mountain bike race of the PPC Kremetart Cycling Race will be hosted in the form of a cross-country Olympic event.

Cross-country Olympic (XCO) is a popular mountain bike discipline which is the only form of mountain biking that is an Olympic sport. XCO consists of lap racing around a short circuit containing various obstacles that must be negotiated. Apart from fitness, XCO also requires serious bike-handling skills.

This year, the Kremetart Mountain Bike XCO will be hosted in the Komatieland Forestry area on 9 June, the day after the big 175km, four-stage road race.

Depending on all the age categories that enter, a total of 12 races will be held on the course. The goal is to complete the required laps in the fastest time possible.

Pre-entries for the MTB XCO are currently open for those interested and will close on 24 May. There will also be time to enter before the race from 06:30 on the day of the race.

For more information readers can log on to www.kremetartcycling.co.za.

post-63-0-83592700-1369288807_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Guy in Pink

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*SOLD* I have a 175km entry available, pm me if interested.

Edited by slayer 83

Will be there, enter and then worked out the cost and then cried and will most probably only recover financially by Mid November..... 2015

Ironman 70.3, Sani, Car breaks.. ag nee man, alles kos te veel geld! Bring on the toll gates! Viva!

entry done.

Now for the accommodation search, otherwise I'll have to crash with the Pietersburg family

Would love to do it , just distance a problem , mayby plan for next year.

Heard once the roads not to good.

Fell off my bike on Saturday, tarmac strips skin easily at 50 kph!

Hope the road rash softens by next week because nothing is keeping me away from the Kremetart.

Ok I'm in - first timer, any advice?

You can ride harder than you normally would for a 175 km event, plenty of time to recover between stages.

Bring warm kit, it can be freezing before 7 am on that loooong descent and there is a tog bag truck to pack your kit into.

A few gels should last you as there is so much food between stages.

See you there!

Ok I'm in - first timer, any advice?

Yes... Please push the girl wearing Cow kit (or maybe even a Cow suit) and her friend up the hill ;-)

Take the first stage easy-ies and the rest will be a walk in the park. Stay hydrated because even though it's quite chilly you need those fluids. Eat something, even just a small something, at each of the rest stops. Don't forget the OBS table just before the tunnel on stage 1. Smile and enjoy the ride :-D