Hubbers need to be more friendly

Maaknplan

I was once parked outside a primary school in my panel van. I waved at all the kids (solely because I also once went to primary school. We have that in common, ya know).

It wasn't long before I was asked to leave.

ok , why were you parked outside the primary school to start with ?

His other nick is "the sweetie man"

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once parked outside a primary school in my panel van. I waved at all the kids (solely because I also once went to primary school. We have that in common, ya know).

It wasn't long before I was asked to leave.

Is this your van?

post-13006-0-51941500-1369312556_thumb.jpg

I gave up greeting roadies and joggers a long time ago. Tired of the stoney sullen non-response. If I see a fellow commuter (usually recognizable by riding a mtb on road, with backpack) I greet and typically will receive a response.

However I greet pedestrians often, especially ones I see regularly on my route, and they always respond, it's great.

Greeting is relative to the pain of the ride.

During an interval session or interval session recovery, the hello will be a grunt, followed by a wtf do u want ?

When its a casual ride, it will be: how are you SIr/Madem, so pleased to see you sharing my passion for cycling. Have an awesome day and enjoy the view and air, and I might have a coffie with you later ...

I used to wave.

Now I just give the helmet nod IF my heart isn't beating in my ears from a hard effort.

Edited by ' Dale

Agree with OP. We need to look out for each other as well. Don't just scream past a fellow cyclist in need. Last week I helped a bloke to get his brakes working on his bike again. Took less than 10 minutes. So either he will feed his family again or stop and another cyclist will ride into his arse.

I'm to busy going for strava sections to take my hand off the bars and wave at every clown on the road.

You wouldn't expect Cancellara to wave at you during a TT. Well same thing.

Something Ive noticed while cycling is how many fellow cyclists do not even return a greeting.

I commute to work and often pass other cyclist coming the other way or I am passed by other cyclists.

I always give them the nod or say Howzit, its just unbelievable how many cyclists will totally ignore the greeting.

In other sports if you meet someone who is engaging in the same sport they will generally be friendly.

Come on hubbers, lets try and be friendly to each other on the roads.

you are wasting your time! the hub is the place where those unfriendly roadies meet each other and talk k@k so that they feel better about themselves. every slightly meaningful topic is hi-jacked by a select few which digresses so far from the intended subject its ridiculous.

everybody has aliases and this gives them the opportunity to do and say what they want without any real life repercussions, alas the the true individuals come out

i am afraid no amount of reflection can help these bitter souls! the hub would serve the cycling community much better if there were no aliases for members

the irony is that most of the "inner circle" think they are funny when they are bullying newbies!

you are wasting your time! the hub is the place where those unfriendly roadies meet each other and talk k@k so that they feel better about themselves. every slightly meaningful topic is hi-jacked by a select few which digresses so far from the intended subject its ridiculous.

everybody has aliases and this gives them the opportunity to do and say what they want without any real life repercussions, alas the the true individuals come out

i am afraid no amount of reflection can help these bitter souls! the hub would serve the cycling community much better if there were no aliases for members

the irony is that most of the "inner circle" think they are funny when they are bullying newbies!

So cowboylegs is your real name? What or who were you named after?

And here's a wee ditty for you for a Friday…

post-1604-0-59470200-1369389274_thumb.png

Edited by Tumbleweed

I can't believe how rude cyclists in China are. Not one wave or nod

http://www.kalanstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ChinaBike.jpg

And judging by how serious these guys look, they must be the CycleLab/Club 100 Equivalent

http://www.mishalov.com/images/bicycle_china_commerce.jpg

Oh wait, it can't be... they're riding single file :ph34r: :lol:

So cowboylegs is your real name? What or who were you named after?

And here's a wee ditty for you for a Friday…

post-1604-0-59470200-1369389274_thumb.png

i see what you did there...

found one small hole in my statement and exploited it! well done!

i throw rocks at others who greet me .

leave me alone , its my time for peace .

if i wanted to chat i would go to a coffee shop with you devil.gif

I laaik.

Fellow introvert?