[Event] Sabie Experience

simhen

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great ride today, Mamba was its usual belligerent self. Man that climb sure can test you. The descent from Rocky Horror was just awesome some new single tracks added from last year. Made all sorts of new friends thanks for the ride Erik, Juri, Iris, Maynard, Shoaib , Suhayl and a special mention to Riaan for giving the last stage a go despite being laid low by a stomach bug. Boet when the body can't it just can't big up for trying though.

What a great ride today, Mamba was its usual belligerent self. Man that climb sure can test you. The descent from Rocky Horror was just awesome some new single tracks added from last year. Made all sorts of new friends thanks for the ride Erik, Juri, Iris, Maynard, Shoaib , Suhayl and a special mention to Riaan for giving the last stage a go despite being laid low by a stomach bug. Boet when the body can't it just can't big up for trying though.

Glad you enjoyed the ride... we slept in... packed up camp and headed home... will be back next year for more than just the 2 days!

Nice meeting RiverRat, sorry I normally talk your ears off but I was feeling really, errr, shitty. Stomach bug just threw me to the ground, still climbed up past Mamba today, up to the second water point but was getting close to fainting at points so packed it in. Would not have made cutoff in any case. Maybe next year as well ....

Nice meeting RiverRat, sorry I normally talk your ears off but I was feeling really, errr, shitty. Stomach bug just threw me to the ground, still climbed up past Mamba today, up to the second water point but was getting close to fainting at points so packed it in. Would not have made cutoff in any case. Maybe next year as well ....

That's what's great about sport there is always next year! You can get your revenge on the stomach bug sooner if you want, by doing the Sabie Classic in Feb, this is one of the tougher races around. In fact I believe that the Sabie Classic marathon is almost on par with Sani Day 2.

It was a great event..very slippery on day 1..i had a bad fall on the dirt road about 1km from the end, buggered my back. still managed a finsh but rode gently for the rest. Will definitely do it again

Ha, stomach bug my ass. It turns out to be food poisoning, booked of for a week with a ton of meds. Doc reckons I can be glad I'm fit otherwise I would've killed myself yesterday ... ha at least it would've been with a smile. Damn that place is beautifull!

Ha, stomach bug my ass. It turns out to be food poisoning, booked of for a week with a ton of meds. Doc reckons I can be glad I'm fit otherwise I would've killed myself yesterday ... ha at least it would've been with a smile. Damn that place is beautifull!

my guts were eina too..also heard others had problems. not lekker

Had a great race, met Riaan at the start on Friday :thumbup:

Thanks Mike, had a blast

did you get your money back for the cancellation of the day for that funeral?

did you get your money back for the cancellation of the day for that funeral?

Are you joking?

Are you joking?

Im Seriuuuus!

I would have told them this isnt Wooilies, we're not closing... this is a race that Ive already paid for.

I think you okes got robbed of a day.