Your Enduro ride

Robodog

I am going to check inside the shafts on my pedals when I get home. :ph34r:

Careful - apparently really tough to fold them and get back in again once the rain has stopped...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I am very psyched. The old fork really hampered the true potential of the Stumpy. IMO these 2012 Stumpies 26'ers still kick ass.

Nofear, I am thinking of getting a Monarch Plus for the back. Will it be possible to get one with the shock shuttle for the 2012 non Evo model?

Thanks guys, I am very psyched. The old fork really hampered the true potential of the Stumpy. IMO these 2012 Stumpies 26'ers still kick ass.

Nofear, I am thinking of getting a Monarch Plus for the back. Will it be possible to get one with the shock shuttle for the 2012 non Evo model?

What is the eye to eye and stroke on your bike?

Going back to the shifter story, i read an interesting article re shiters vs derailleurs  - apparently bike companies do it the wrong way around ie spec a better derailleur with lower spec shifter. Even a good derailleur won't work as well as it should with an inferior shifter, and a lower spec derailleur with a higher spec shifter is better than the other way around. Customers are dumb like me, and don't even look at the shifter spec too much...

What is the eye to eye and stroke on your bike?

Jeez not sure now, I will find out.

Anyone here who can help out?

Thanx.

Jeez not sure now, I will find out.

Anyone here who can help out?

Thanx.

197x51 it is...

Seems as if the only Monarch plus I can get is a 194x51 (for the Stumpy Evo 26).

Not to sure if there is any difference in the linkages between the Stumpy and Stumpy Evo.

post-31228-0-16776900-1426669971_thumb.jpg

197x51 it is...

Seems as if the only Monarch plus I can get is a 194x51 (for the Stumpy Evo 26).

Not to sure if there is any difference in the linkages between the Stumpy and Stumpy Evo.

Hmmm

"Specialized depending of the year, tells that 2012 26 evo models are 197, 2013 are 194 and 2014 are 195."

From mtbr forum. So if my 2012 Stumpy Non-Evo has a shorter ete than 197, then I may stand a chance.

I will check tonight. How much do those shocks go for? I wonder of the shock shuttle of the 2012 will fit?

Hmmm

"Specialized depending of the year, tells that 2012 26 evo models are 197, 2013 are 194 and 2014 are 195."

From mtbr forum. So if my 2012 Stumpy Non-Evo has a shorter ete than 197, then I may stand a chance.

I will check tonight. How much do those shocks go for? I wonder of the shock shuttle of the 2012 will fit?

Ball park of R6000,00

My steed, with new Hope front hub to handle the mighty Pike.

attachicon.gifBfe Pike 1.jpg

attachicon.gifBfe Pike 2.jpg

The Pike has changed my life, it is worlds apart from the Fox 32 Evo it replaced.

Can't wait to go session again today! Aaargh still 7 hours to go......dammit. 

Do you live in a complex near Fruit and Veg in LHP?

Ball park of R6000,00

Do you sell them Monarchs?

Quite a steepish price damn, I will have to get saving......

Do you live in a complex near Fruit and Veg in LHP?

Hehe no. Close though. Lebomboberg laan going down from Barzen Head to die Skietwinkel.