Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

Is that chain guide not completely redundant with a narrow-wide chainring and clutch derailleur? Or does the Enduro not come with NW and clutch? :)

The NW's are not absolute. Their chain retention is far superior to normal chainrings but in my experience you can still drop a chain fairly regularly with a NW, particularly when your chain starts to wear (mine started to drop fairly regularly when my SRAM chain got to about the 600-700km mark, the chain was still within spec). As a result I'm now running a top guide and I've only dumped the chain once after a little lie down in the dirt.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAKAHANA TRAILS is hosting Gauteng's First Enduro Event ENDURO-ONE on Sat 29th Nov. Check out Hub event and HT Enduro threads. Come join. Come help. Come play!

Anyone on the Gauteng area got a 35/40mm stem I can buy or kmow where I can buy one? Must be for 31.8mm handlebar

Anyone on the Gauteng area got a 35/40mm stem I can buy or kmow where I can buy one? Must be for 31.8mm handlebar

also looking for one myself...

The NW's are not absolute. Their chain retention is far superior to normal chainrings but in my experience you can still drop a chain fairly regularly with a NW, particularly when your chain starts to wear (mine started to drop fairly regularly when my SRAM chain got to about the 600-700km mark, the chain was still within spec). As a result I'm now running a top guide and I've only dumped the chain once after a little lie down in the dirt.

Yip, i found this too, when your chain wears it is not nearly as effective.

Spank do a 35mm stem (Spike & Oozey).

http://fstatic3.mtb-news.de/f/sh/yb/shyb3wt49f6j/large_Spank_Spike_Race_35mm_Stem-4.jpg?0

Contact International Trade to find out which store has stock

How urgently do you need it?

I have a black Funnduro I am thinking about selling.

45mm

(mine started to drop fairly regularly when my SRAM chain got to about the 600-700km mark, the chain was still within spec).

Interesting. Same thing here, running an XX1 ring with a 1070 10spd chain and dropped it for the first time this weekend on a surprisingly smooth piece of trail at Welvanpas, also about 650km on it.

There were a bunch on sale by Bibi(?) in the classifieds recently. All new stuff

Bibi has some very nice Answer short stems, amongst all the other awesome stuff he sells. Also has replacement ODI grips on their own if you have existing ODI clamps, makes it a bit more affordable.

Interesting. Same thing here, running an XX1 ring with a 1070 10spd chain and dropped it for the first time this weekend on a surprisingly smooth piece of trail at Welvanpas, also about 650km on it.

I've also had this happen with pg1050s, I wonder if it's a SRAM thing.

here is are 2 pictures of my bike, one before i started changing things and one after

before:

10410244_652072724876938_177552824818223

and heres after:

10690193_726854880732055_343248092061407

I've also had this happen with pg1050s, I wonder if it's a SRAM thing.

I noticed with mine that I started to feel the chain hitting my foot over rough terrain (I lead with the left foot). Then when I checked the chain against a new Shimano chain it was quite evident just how must more lateral movement the slightly worn SRAM chain could get.

Anyways I made a post here about it

Archived