Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

Thats where my thought process is going...

Rear Shock (Cheapest to upgrade) : Done

Front Fork (Rev; Lyrik; Talas<if really cheap>)

Dropper

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont underestimate the power of a good wheelset.

its like going from a citi golf with almost 30 degrees play in either direction in the steering (i know this from experience) to a go-kart.

That's what I want to do but lots are telling me to bite the bullet and get a Pike,quite a bit more though.

A Rev is an awesome fork, the Pike is unequivocally better but a nice Rev is a very nice compromise(try find one with the newer RLC or RLT cartridges, I think that's the model). In my experience they are generally ridiculously easy to maintain, can get all the service Orings at SKF and not much else needed apart from wiper seals(and crush washers from time to time) which don't need replacing every service.

Does anyone know if any of the Rev models have had externally adjustable HSC damping?

Here is my ride. Still some things needed to finish the build off. Photos taken after a ride a Jonkers, chasing one of those yellow taxi's (Pyga).

post-38794-0-01022700-1415639943_thumb.jpg

Where from and how much if I may ask?

Hey man was from CRC...Around R3100 then R480 or so import tax..not a SH!Tload cheaper than local but yeah...

Thought this be the best place to ask,

Anyone seen a 26er fox float 36 kashima 160mm - second hand fork or know of someone selling? 2011, 2012 model about..

yep, that's it, all pygas are called taxis from now on

#toyotaquantam#notevenyellow

Quantum...  :thumbup:

Hey man was from CRC...Around R3100 then R480 or so import tax..not a SH!Tload cheaper than local but yeah...

I was thinking of getting one from them as well but was put off by the custom officials / Post office strike (a friend of mine put an order at CRC at least two months ago and is still waiting for his stuff) How long did you have to wait altogether?

I was thinking of getting one from them as well but was put off by the custom officials / Post office strike (a friend of mine put an order at CRC at least two months ago and is still waiting for his stuff) How long did you have to wait altogether?

I ordered last Friday and my stuff arrived the following Tuesday, dhl...

here is are 2 pictures of my bike, one before i started changing things and one after

before:

10410244_652072724876938_177552824818223

and heres after:

10690193_726854880732055_343248092061407

Why has the pot been moved? By the way, the bike looks awesome.

Here's mine:

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb10985511/p4pb10985511.jpg

It's a 2004 Kona Stinky with a full custom set up.

I have 2 reasons why I chose the frame. First of all because I started riding bikes in 2004, and this exact frame was my dream bike back then. Being 13 it was only a bike I could dream of and no way I could afford it. So it's an old child's dream I had come true 10 years later. Also the 2004 model is the last model of the Stinkies that had 150mm suspension. All the newer models have more. 150mm is more then enough for me. Especially since I was used to riding hardtails with rigid forks.

A short spec list:

Forks: Rock Shox Sektor RL 110-150 

Shock: Fox Vanilla R 150mm

Cranks: XT

Chainring: Blackspire narrow-wide

Shifter, Derailleur, Chain, cassette: XTR

Brakes: Shimano SLX (currently 160mm front, 140mm rear)

Needs new tyres..

Around 14.5kg

I ordered on Friday and it arrived on Monday...But I paid for a courier which ended up being around R400 :(

Archived