The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Costa proves again that he an expert at winning tough stages with a descent to the finish. He also won in similar style in Gap.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm following this on the TDF site as I don't have access to a telly and the following came up:

"The Movistar team is going to collect another victory in the 100th Tour de France. Rui Costa is inside the final 3km of the stage and he's on dry roads (while the rest of the riders are on wet roads). He has a lead of 1'00" on his nearest challenger, Kloden (RTL)... the German who finished second in this stage to * in 2004."

*? I never knew Lance Armstrong was He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named! Who's Harry in the peleton then? Chris?

Thought not much was gonna happen today. The guys are too tired from yesterday's two massive climbs. Tomorrow you will see the fireworks. I believe that Froome will help Quintana to get 2nd. The stage is way too short for anybody to get massive time back from the yellow.

Tomorrow will be ridiculous! Someone is going to try ride that mountain at the end flat!

Podium looks like Froome, Quintana and JRod.....

Nodefok, contador wont lose 2nd

hehe! The other two look stronger and will put more than a minute into him tomorrow are my thoughts... Either way, it's gonna be mental to see!

My guess on the GC chaps is The Colombian, drops JRod close to the line after the two of them have dropped Froome a while earlier, who manages the gap to them and they're ahead of Contador by a while.

Edited by Tubehunter

“Today was the hardest stage of the Tour,” said Froome. “There was a lot of climbing. It was a hard day. For us, the objective was to follow the wheels, and let the others make the race. The goal was to defend yellow. The team is doing enormous work. Tomorrow is a hard stage as well. Every night I am dead.”

hehe! The other two look stronger and will put more than a minute into him tomorrow are my thoughts... Either way, it's gonna be mental to see!

My guess on the GC chaps is The Colombian, drops JRod close to the line after the two of them have dropped Froome a while earlier, who manages the gap to them and they're ahead of Contador by a while.

Contador kept mis timing his attacks (like the descents) and by the time he reaches the last climb he's 'poot uit'.

Now he know he's got 1 stage left to prove himself.

AC for the stage tomorrow.

Quintana is a rookie who will be outsmarted imo. Purito well he's another story but he wont drop contador.

Sure hope im right..

Contador kept mis timing his attacks (like the descents) and by the time he reaches the last climb he's 'poot uit'.

Now he know he's got 1 stage left to prove himself.

AC for the stage tomorrow.

Quintana is a rookie who will be outsmarted imo. Purito well he's another story but he wont drop contador.

Sure hope im right..

Either way it is going to be insane! I'm not fussed too much about who and what happens, as long as it's interesting!

Either way it is going to be insane! I'm not fussed too much about who and what happens, as long as it's interesting!

Tis true