The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Daryl.

Do we think he will be able to get over those Cat 2 climbs early on tomorrow to stay in touch and keep yellow???????

Only thing better than seeing Impey being the first African to wear yellow (and who would have put money on that last week?) is seeing the awesome level of stoke and excitement from you guys.

Awesome Daryl.

Do we think he will be able to get over those Cat 2 climbs early on tomorrow to stay in touch and keep yellow???????

Unlikely, but possible.

If the GC chasing big guns start playing out their strategies then all riders like Daryl will be spat out, most likely.

That yellow jersey performs miracles! Thomas voekler a few years ago and that kid in daphine did beyond what was thought possible when wearing yellow!

Unlikely, but possible.

If the GC chasing big guns start playing out their strategies then all riders like Daryl will be spat out, most likely.

I'm starting to think he can keep yellow. The 2 Cat2's is in the mid 3rd of the stage. After that it's too small bumps with a 40km downhill into the finish. The sprint trains will help OGE to chase down a break. The GC guys have no reason to push things tomorrow, no seconds to gain. I'm betting OGE can help him keep it.

If they go out controlling the pace up front for the first part, keep Daryl in touch over the cat 2' he can get back on over the last 70kms.

Go Daryl!!!

Stage 7

Hitting those speedbumps

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2013/700/PROFIL.png

Greipel se boepie...

Or just an out-breath...

From eating too much bratwurst and eisbein

From eating too much bratwurst and eisbein

Probably his rock hard abs.

The Gorilla is pure sinew and muscle.

After success at the Giro, Astana now down to SIX

Astana’s Janez Brajkovic is out of this year’s Tour de France after crashing with less 10 kilometres to go on Thursday’s stage 6 from Aix-En-Provence to Montpellier.

Astana had already lost Fredrik Kessiakoff after the Swede crashed earlier in the stage and abandoned. Andrey Kashechkin withdrew on stage 3 suffering from illness.

A sticky bottle?

This is the practice where a rider gets a waterbottle from the team car and as the team manager passes it up, the rider holds on – as if it’s sticky – whilst the car accelerates to give the rider an illegal boost.

For example yesterday Sylvain Chavanel was fined 100 Swiss Francs for ravitaillement portant atteinte à l’image du cyclisme or “feeding that damages the image of cycling.”

How special a gesture is that! What a guy!

"Simon gave up his opportunity to wear the yellow jersey for another day and to give it to me. That’s magical. I like to think that we are sharing it.” - Daryl Impey