The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Gears?

Electronic

DI2, Shimano

Shifters placed there to assist during climbing position.

Edited by ' Dale

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Electronic

DI2, Shimano

Shifters placed there to assist during climbing position.

Good for the classics as well.

Noticed that their back brakes (calipers) are also positioned differently than the others. Cant find a pic now..

Edited by SyncSA

Noticed that their back brakes (calipers) are also positioned differently than the others. Cant find a pic now..

Yeah, below the chainstay.

With respect to these times up these climbs, I think everyone knows that if its not on Strava it does not exist :P so as it stands laurens ten dam is the KOM at the moment. (Until Froome uploads his rides from the tdf to Strava) :o

In all seriousness, I am tired of every journalist writing about doping every time someone rides well, we know the history of the sport. I am more interested about riders conditions, feelings about the day and maybe a Sagan celebration!!

For NickC and the guys

Thanks JGR.

The spectacle of the Tour, never ever boring !!

No wonder Sagan can`t keep his hands to himself !! :)

Edited by nickc

With respect to these times up these climbs, I think everyone knows that if its not on Strava it does not exist :P so as it stands laurens ten dam is the KOM at the moment. (Until Froome uploads his rides from the tdf to Strava) :o

In all seriousness, I am tired of every journalist writing about doping every time someone rides well, we know the history of the sport. I am more interested about riders conditions, feelings about the day and maybe a Sagan celebration!!

Typical British journalism. They always see the negative side of things. Maybe it's the weather.

How screwed up is this: If Chris has a bad day everybody gets on the bandwagon and points out how sky is cracking etc. When he has a great day he is a doper! Geez, give it a break already! Enjoy the racing and hate LA and his cronies a bit more for screwing it up for everyone

It's on like Donkey Kong! Let's see if the contenders have given up the challenge. Big up to the domestiques who are hungry for a stage win. Me thinks the GC guys are gonna take it easy today. The race of truth is tomorrow.

I was pondering the similarities between Ventoux for the roadies and our very own Sani pass for the mtb guys. If you compare them, Ventoux has around 1500m climbing over 20.5kms and Sani pass has around 1300m of climbing over 21kms. But then compare the lovely smooth tarmac of Ventoux to the rutted, boulder strewn gravel road with river crossings, mud etc thrown in. what do you guys think?

So good to see that nearly every track athlete medal winner from London 2012 has been found guilty of doping. So cycling is full of drugs is it? I've said for a long time that the Olympics is the biggest drug fest since Woodstock in 1969!

Edited by Wez-O

The other interesting comparison is that the summit of Mont Ventoux is at 1887m and the top of Sani pass is 2804m so the thin air is also quite a factor there.

And Johannesburg is at 1,750 :whistling:

Edited by Wez-O

Thanks JGR.

The spectacle of the Tour, never ever boring !!

No wonder Sagan can`t keep his hands to himself !! :)

Thought you would like those - not on the same level as the sharks girls