The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Cav could be a bit less than fresh after doing the full Giro - few recouver 100% in time for the tdf. His team were getting a bit worried after not getting much in the way of results in the spring classics, they should have pulled him out of the Giro half way.

Also, he hit the front a bit further out, he is the best at long sprints, too, but like I said, perhaps he has less than perfect form. Funny how Phill called a win for Cav.

Thirdly, could he have done a mini Zabel and let up before crossing the line?

Edited by Christie

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2013/07/kittel-cav-659x440.jpg

Daryl did well today - what happened to their man man Gossy?

Goss hasn't been having a good Tour.

Here's something for this Dale guy who's so crazy about Cannondale. Got good shots of Sagan after he finished but they come with a price tag

When you grab a frame, just get my size okay?!

[sent you a PM a week ago or something, Capcha.]

Funny how Phill called a win for Cav

Not the first time he got it wrong this tour?

Eurosport is bliss, albeit pixelated and buffered at times.

btw Sean Kelly's autobiography "Hunger" is just out now.

No its not, I understand its often difficult to call on the roll, but I think Phil needs new glasses.

Anyway, Pan flat again today, not too many gonna vote against Marcel getting a 4th I think.

Cav seems to have lost a bit of speed recently, or maybe its just Marcel is faster.? Hmm.

Eurosport is bliss, albeit pixelated and buffered at times.

btw Sean Kelly's autobiography "Hunger" is just out now.

Their other commentator Carlton Kirby (?) is quite good as well, knows lots of stuff about the scenery and historical buildings they show during the stages

Their other commentator Carlton Kirby (?) is quite good as well, knows lots of stuff about the scenery and historical buildings they show during the stages

I was wondering about this, its insane the amount of knowledge they have on the chateau's, scenary, towns etc. Do they study the stuff before each stage?

Carlton .. he used to irritate me but I have come to enjoy his humour and insight, though really missing David Harmon, he is taking a sabbatical, was supposed to be back for the tour.

I was wondering about this, its insane the amount of knowledge they have on the chateau's, scenary, towns etc. Do they study the stuff before each stage?

All part of ASOs media coverage. They know which chateau, towns, villages, rivers etc they will feature, and each media team is given a cheat sheet on the facts before each stage.

Sadly I think it's time for Phil to call it quits (and retire to his lekker little house in Natures Valley)... lots of years still left for Paul though I reckon and pairing him with a knowledgeable young gun would probably make a very lekker little combo.

There looks like a nice little kick a few kays from the finish today - might be enough for Sagan, Gilbert and Degenkolb to ditch the pure speedsters, or at least some of them?

Sadly I think it's time for Phil to call it quits (and retire to his lekker little house in Natures Valley)... lots of years still left for Paul though I reckon and pairing him with a knowledgeable young gun would probably make a very lekker little combo.

There looks like a nice little kick a few kays from the finish today - might be enough for Sagan, Gilbert and Degenkolb to ditch the pure speedsters, or at least some of them?

Yep that comes 7 kays from the finish. Gonna make it interesting BIG TIME!

I'm surprised phil still know his own name.

*Chuckle*

Yeah, time to not renew his contract.

But I reckon they'll keep him on.

Makes me think of Hugh Bladen in SA rugby broadcasts. How I would love a new commentator.

*Chuckle*

Yeah, time to not renew his contract.

But I reckon they'll keep him on.

Makes me think of Hugh Bladen in SA rugby broadcasts. How I would love a new commentator.

UUUUUUUUuuunnnnnnnbelievable!