The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

:whistling: I told u so.... I told u so....just got the stage wrong

Major test coming up for Sky and Froome, did Saxo burn their matches??

Time will tell

Well, you know I am an unashamed 'Berto fan, I think the guy is pure class, never complains, never down, never rude, always upbeat and positive and just gets on with doing his best and making every race he enters exciting.

My cynical mind says Valverde and 'Berto will form an alliance, Valverde has nothing left to ride for except a stage win in the mountains, 'Berto and Saxo will help, Stage to Valverde, Time to 'Berto, - its a win / win for both teams and riders and 'Berto has helped many other riders to stage wins before, if Valverde doesn't help for a stage win, he may as well go home now and recover for the Vuelta, athletes of his caliber dont ride for 25th spot.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if our man Chris maybe shouldn't have taken or at least kept the yellow so early in the race ...

Yah, I said so last week already, LA was a master at winning the tour, irrespective of his past, his formula was flawless and he never took the jersey so early, if he did get it by default, he dumped it as soon as possible, Chris was in the unenviable situation of having to defend the jersey as he had such a big lead, to give it away would have been crazy, but its taken its toll, no doubt.

Contador served up a tactical masterclass. I love it when they do things I would never have thought of.

Also the hand of that seasoned campaigner behind the scenes

I have never seen an alliance between different teams work in a big stage race, ever, unless they were bribed. Perhaps it can work with Conto and Valverde, but Movistar still has Quintana to look after. Opportunities like yesterday dont come often, Im not sure it will happen again - domestiques wont be able to hurt Froome on big climbs.

I also note that there is a lot of cheering for Conto, a doper, and very little for Mollema - that cant be right?

I don't think Contador planned yesterday. They just took the opportunity that was on offer. But Saxo, Belkin and Movistar seems to be the teams to watch for the coming week. I still believe Froome will get some time back in the next TT. Will it be enough? I predict a very tight tussle for podium between Contador, Mollema and Froome. Contador has smelled blood, Mollema may just be the 3rd dog walking away with the bone.

Edited by Moridin

Agreed. Froome is going to take time in the TT and very likely some mountain stages as well. It's his to lose, but Contador can also make his own luck pretty well. Whatever happens, it's a wonderful race this year.

'Berto's back,...and he's coming,... Hard!.

So impressed I am with Kreuziger as well, GOG.

Him and Rogers are absolutely key to 'Berto's success.

Great racing by Saxo'

Yah, I said so last week already, LA was a master at winning the tour, irrespective of his past, his formula was flawless and he never took the jersey so early, if he did get it by default, he dumped it as soon as possible, Chris was in the unenviable situation of having to defend the jersey as he had such a big lead, to give it away would have been crazy, but its taken its toll, no doubt.

I agree.

He (and Sky) should have left the jersey in the hands of the minnows for as long as possible.

He would get goodwill in return for their exposure - maybe he would have had more help in bridging yesterday.

Taking the jersey and defending it for this length of time has taxed his team unduly - especially due to the team being without their Colombian duo of Henao and Uran.

The Alps beckon, my friends!

Can't wait!

So how would you feel about rolling up Ventoux after about 225 kms of tarnac?

Tomorrow.

GO QUINTANA

So how would you feel about rolling up Ventoux after about 225 kms of tarnac?

Tomorrow.

GO QUINTANA

I would be crying bru! I checked that profile for Ventoux. It's about the same as the climb here to the pump station, just 7 times longer. And with the pump station climb I usually have to stop twice just to get my heart rate down. And they will probably go up there with an average of 20km/h!

Edited by Moridin

I would be crying bru! I checked that profile for Ventoux. It's about the same as the climb here to the pump station, just 7 times longer. And with the pump station climb I usually have to stop twice just to get my heart rate down. And they will probably go up there with an average of 20km/h!

I've been up the pump station climb.

That final kick in gradient is tough with typical lil headwind brushing the mountain.

Eish!

Great stage yesterday!Really sorry for Valverde....I was hoping to see him on the podium in Paris!Maybe Quintana will now put in a big attack on Ventoux to get movistar back in the game...

Think it is time for Froome and Porte to hurt some ego's........lets see how he answers them tomorrow....

No such thing as a easy stage in the Tour although it is very clear that Sky is not the strongest team. Froome's team mates looked broken yesterday and it was clear that no one was going to help them. Credit to the guys that got away, you have to be wide awake. Will be interesting to see Valverdes tactics. If Froome wins this race it will be despite his team and not because of his team. Personally I think they brought the wrong team, guys like Uran and Henao will be sorely missed in the Alps.