The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

All i actually said / asked was: "Was Froome wrong (about it being dangerous), who ended up on his arse on the day"

I did not say it was incompetence, your making the wrong assumption and putting words into my mouth. Yes i'm saying that AC went to into that particular corner to fast and fell off as a result but that does make him incompetent.

Of course it was an accident, but the suggestion is that it most likely would not have happened if he went a little bit slower, THATS ALL

Go back and read your post about what you expect a rider in front of you to be able to do. That's what I an referring to. Go too and read all the quotes from Froome. Go too and read Froome's tweets. Go too and watch the entire post-race interview. Stop blaming the media and context. Froome was voicing his displeasure and someone going to fast into a corner? Really? Then why don't we ban the idiots who crashed into barriers in the TT yesterday? They obviously were taking uncalculated risks by your reasoning if you agree with what you see and read about what Froome said.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second hour was raced at an average speed of 41.8km/h. The average for the first two hours is 43.2km/h.

The escapees are ahead of the peloton by 7'35" (and 5'05" ahead of Roche and Paulinho). The stage leaders are on the col d'Ornon which is rated category-two and is 5.1km long with an average gradient of 6.7 percent. The top is 1,371m high at the 95km mark of the 18th stage.

for Safe Cycling..protection when you ride.

No need. Just about every road in france has a dedicated bike lane with "1.5m gap" signs. Bliss. Why SA motorists say it wont work I dont know. Cyclists come first here.

yes he must be doping becasue its so very suspicious for a top athlete to be unusually gifted in the very physiological traits that would make you succeed in your sport.

Froome is know to have particulaurly high aerobic potential from when he was a youth tested by the UCI when he rode for their development team

whatever comes out and whatever is said, you are convinced he is doping. thats good. we understand. move along.

occams razor dude.

either he's a unique freak of nature and is just naturally 10% more gifted than any other cyclist on the planet (I've heard that before), or the simplest explanation is that he's cheating.

dont be a naive fool

Complaining about CF complaining. Good grief. Does no one remember Jens having a total fit about his mate Schleck breaking his collar bone on the cobbles. Remember how that softie complaining baby Jens had a go about how dangerous it was to race on the cobbles.

Remember that soft man Cancellara who is a real baby on the descents neutralizing a stage because it was wet and slippery. He basically stopped all the racing for the day.

Short memories guys.

Oh and for the real slow most of the above was sarcastic

...even the "fact" that they are journos...

Ja, they should leave it up to the public to get their news for themselves...

Go back and read your post about what you expect a rider in front of you to be able to do. That's what I an referring to. Go too and read all the quotes from Froome. Go too and read Froome's tweets. Go too and watch the entire post-race interview. Stop blaming the media and context. Froome was voicing his displeasure and someone going to fast into a corner? Really? Then why don't we ban the idiots who crashed into barriers in the TT yesterday? They obviously were taking uncalculated risks by your reasoning if you agree with what you see and read about what Froome said.

I think your getting a bit carried away Tumbles, who said or even implied anything about banning anyone?

Don't have time or the inclination to go back to all the stuff but a quick check on Froomes twitter shows his only post about this particular incident as follows:

1. Chris Froome@chrisfroome 16 Jul

2. Stellar job from my roomie @richie_porte in a sketchy & explosive final, thanks mate

Almost went over your head @albertocontador.. Little more care next time?

Hardly worth a **** storm is it?

Result of col d'Ornon

The points for the third climb of the 18th stage were won by:

1. Jeannesson (FDJ) 5pts

2. Chavanel (OPQ) 3pts

3. Voigt (RTL) 2pts

4. Danielson (GRS) 1pt

The counter-attack is now 1km from the top of the col d'Ornon (6'05" behind the Chavanel group).

14:47 Peloton 8'25" at the base of col d'Ornon

Ja, they should leave it up to the public to get their news for themselves...

I have to admit, I have often wondered what it would be like not actually hear about all the bad s...t going on. Nice to get sport though!

I think your getting a bit carried away Tumbles, who said or even implied anything about banning anyone?

Don't have time or the inclination to go back to all the stuff but a quick check on Froomes twitter shows his only post about this particular incident as follows:

2. Stellar job from my roomie @richie_porte in a sketchy & explosive final, thanks mate

Almost went over your head @albertocontador.. Little more care next time?

Hardly worth a **** storm is it?

Oh, look, selective quoting. Isn't that what the media does? If it's not worth the storm, why make such an issue about it in a post-race interview. You talk about impartiality, question the media's handling of it, but are more guilty of it than the people that you accusse.

Boom takes 20 points at intermediate sprint

The points for the first nine at the intermediate sprint have been won by:1

1. Boom (BEL) 20pts

2. Chavanel (OPQ) 17pts

3. Ribon (ALM) 15pts

4. Moser (CAN) 13pts

5. Van Garderen (BMC) 11pts

6. Danielson (GRS) 10pts

7. Voigt (RTL) 9pts