The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

According to rumors Contador was heard to squeal "¿qué coño estás haciendo rostro pálido" at Froome

i wouldn't rule contador out just yet... I'm a big froome fan and he's in great shape, but this year the tour is at a completely different level which Froome has never experienced before

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite sure there will be a serious attack over the last climb that summits with 12km to go.

Quite naturally, Jan Bakelants was over the moon after his win yesterday. The RadioShack rider called it “definitely the most beautiful day in my life as a cyclist.”

wat die hel doen jy gesig bleek?

(According to Google Translate, in any case...)

which google translates as...

what the **** are you doing pale face?

Edited by davetapson

Is it just me or is Little Tommy the most irritating person ever seen on a bicycle?

Lil French Bulldog - full of idiosyncracy

Is it just me or is Little Tommy the most irritating person ever seen on a bicycle?

Ha ha know exactly what you mean..... eventually he grows on you and you'll find yourself thinking he's quite entertaining...kind of like those ugliest dog in the world competitions where you cant help but smile at the ugly little mutts

Froome's move was not wise. He doesn't have to show his strength. Everybody know it. If he was afraid to descend in the pack, he showed a weakness. He wasted energy.

They are pro cyclists - a 100m sprint is not going to make one bit of a difference. People are making too-big-a-whoohaa about what he did.

in previous tours, also one of the best riders in the peloton

in previous tours, also one of the best riders in the peloton

He knows how to win.

Very good racer.

Sean Ingle is covering some of the Tour for the Guardian this year and drove the route of today's stage earlier today on his way to the media centre:

"It's absolutely stunning, pretty much from first to last, but it is a long and ridiculously winding road," he says.

"Remember those fairground rides you used to go on as a kid, that were great at first but started making you dizzy after about the fifth turn? That's the coastal route from Ajaccio to Calvi.

"I certainly wouldn't advise any parents with car-sick children to travel the bit from Col de San Martino along the D81 to Calvi. While you are admiring the scenery they will be spewing everywhere. One other thing to note: there is no garage for about 70km of the route. As I found out ... very nearly to my cost."

I enjoy watching Tommy, unlike some he plays to the camera and knows how to get on TV, a great opportunist, never know when he will attack and zip away, one thing he never is,.. is boring.

Strokes for folks - enjoyed watching him when he got yellow a few years ago and held onto it, against expectation, for 10 days.