The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Guess Team Cannondale could have rallied around Ted and help him get through it instead of dropping him at the start, did they ever have a chance in the Team TT? and they don't have any GC contender so wtf ...

Circumstances are Ted got through stages 2 and 3 already with his dislocated shoulder, which he has had before and had said he just needed a few days to get through it, he was strong mentally and it meant so much to him, and what was achieved by eliminating him? Self righteous officious officials get to flex their power, that's about it. Very mean decision.

Guess Team Cannondale could have rallied around Ted and help him get through it instead of dropping him at the start, did they ever have a chance in the Team TT? and they don't have any GC contender so wtf ...

Circumstances are Ted got through stages 2 and 3 already with his dislocated shoulder, which he has had before and had said he just needed a few days to get through it, he was strong mentally and it meant so much to him, and what was achieved by eliminating him? Self righteous officious officials get to flex their power, that's about it. Very mean decision.

Still maintain if it had been a Froggie rider he would have been allowed to continue but being a spawn of the devil same nationality as Armstrong - had no chance.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no change to the top 10 of the general classification after stage five, other than the fact that Daryl Impey (OGE) got to positions closer to the yellow jersey that will be worn by his team-mate Simon Gerrans for the second successive day. The South African finished 13th in Marseille, the Australia was 15th and, as they are on the same time in second and first place, respectively, on GC it means that the lead of the 100th Tour de France could change today even if the stage ends in a bunch finish.

If Impey finishes seven places ahead of Gerrans, he will become the first South African to lead the Tour de France.

How freakin' awesome is that???? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by StevieL

Apologies if already posted - Preview of stage

The sixth stage of the 100th Tour de France is due to begin at 1.00pm with a 9.9km neutral zone before the flag will be waved to signal the official start, this is expected to be at around 1.20pm. The sun is shining brightly in the south of France and this is the hottest start to a stage of this year’s race. The temperature was almost 30 degrees at midday and it’s expected to rise this afternoon despite the strength of the wind picking up.

The finish is outside the Yves du Manoir Stadium in Montpellier. If the wind continues from the direction it was blowing this morning the riders will have a tailwind for the finale... but it’s not at the finish that the wind is likely to have the biggest influence today, it’s out on the course from Aix-en-Provence.

The riders face 176.5km today with one categorised hill (at 68km) and an intermediate sprint at 63km.

Useful info for the peloton.... For eg. avoid riding behind Mr Bonnet today... :whistling:

Hahahaa

Still maintain if it had been a Froggie rider he would have been allowed to continue but being a spawn of the devil same nationality as Armstrong - had no chance.

I agree.

The French-USA divide is complex and historical.

Spiced up by US Postal victories.

I agree.

The French-USA divide is complex and historical.

Spiced up by US Postal victories.

and spiced up even more by French thinking that their cycling is "clean" therefore they haven't produced a TdF winner

Apologies if already posted - Preview of stage

The sixth stage of the 100th Tour de France is due to begin at 1.00pm with a 9.9km neutral zone before the flag will be waved to signal the official start, this is expected to be at around 1.20pm. The sun is shining brightly in the south of France and this is the hottest start to a stage of this year’s race. The temperature was almost 30 degrees at midday and it’s expected to rise this afternoon despite the strength of the wind picking up.

The finish is outside the Yves du Manoir Stadium in Montpellier. If the wind continues from the direction it was blowing this morning the riders will have a tailwind for the finale... but it’s not at the finish that the wind is likely to have the biggest influence today, it’s out on the course from Aix-en-Provence.

The riders face 176.5km today with one categorised hill (at 68km) and an intermediate sprint at 63km.

Wonder if any of the teams are up for causing a little gutter mayem today

I didn't catch any of the TDF yesterday, were there any withdrawals as a result of that last crash? I see Bouet listed on the TDF site - what happened to van den Broeck - he's not listed above as one of the guys involved in the crash?

Bouhanni in the convoy...

The sprinter from the FDJ.fr team, Nacer Bouhanni, has been suffering gastric problems in recent days. He's currently been dropped by the peloton but he continues to ride while hiding - when he can - from the wind by sitting in behind team cars.

"He's not going well," said team director,Thierry Bricaud. ""The start wasn't so bad because the pace was relatively easy but when the pace picks up, he's having trouble maintain the tempo but he's going to fight on for as long as he can."

Quintana crashes...

Nairo Quintana has had a crash at an intersection. He mis-judged a turn around the 55km mark and hit the gutter on the left side of the road.

He has remounted his bike and is racing again.

Not much excitement today. Intermediate sprint coming up

Results of the intermediate sprint

The intermediate sprint points for stage six have been won by:

1. Greipel (LTB) 20pts

2. Cavendish (OPQ) 17pts

3. Kristoff (KAT) 15pts

4. Sagan (CAN) 13pts