Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

Just bankrupted myself with entries to 5150, 70.3 and IMSA.

I Just came back from IM Lanzarote and I can definitely confirm that IMSA is one of the best events around!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the Ironman 2013 last night, was very inspiring! Each year I always tell myself that next year I'll start training and do the IM the year after, but now seriously considering entering for 2014. Will see how my running can progress in the next couple of months and then decide on that.

I watched the Ironman 2013 last night, was very inspiring! Each year I always tell myself that next year I'll start training and do the IM the year after, but now seriously considering entering for 2014. Will see how my running can progress in the next couple of months and then decide on that.

Advice............ Enter first then worry bout the rest.

Its amazing how ones running "progresses" once you have spent R4,200 on an entry fee..........

Advice............ Enter first then worry bout the rest.

Its amazing how ones running "progresses" once you have spent R4,200 on an entry fee..........

I have a bum knee, so will be starting from walking/walking/running/walking to build up to running.

Are the entries easy to sell if I end up not being able to do it?

I'm also in but not paying me cash over just yet. Will see how 70.3 and training goes. Dead keen though...

Going to hopefully enter my first 70.3 beginning of June, the longest swim I have done to date was 100m.... as for the running, think it was 7km :eek:

I have a bum knee, so will be starting from walking/walking/running/walking to build up to running.

Are the entries easy to sell if I end up not being able to do it?

no they are not transferable at all. One of the downsides of Ironman events is pretty crappy refund policy... I think you can get 50% back up to a point.

no they are not transferable at all. One of the downsides of Ironman events is pretty crappy refund policy... I think you can get 50% back up to a point.

Thanks for the heads up. So I'll just see how training goes the next couple of months then before I make the plunge!

Thanks for the heads up. So I'll just see how training goes the next couple of months then before I make the plunge!

Look out for some of the early season tri's in and around Cape Town in Oct & Nov to test the knee then make a decision on IM

otherwise why not take the plunge on the 70.3 so long. That will give you that motivator Garf was talking about and its a fantastic event and it does sell out each yr so can't be left too late. Then if it goes well and your running is coming on you should still be able to get into IMSA at the end of Jan.

Look out for some of the early season tri's in and around Cape Town in Oct & Nov to test the knee then make a decision on IM

Where can I find a list of the triathlons held in Cape Town and surrounds?

Ask JGR...

Well guys strictly speaking if you are an average swimmer (01h30) and an average biker (06h30) that will leave you 9 hours for the marathon...... Anyone can walk at 5km per hour.... Just saying................

Look at the ATC website or TSA

Archived