Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

Also a tougher bike guarantees a tougher/longer run afterwards even if the route remains the same.

But Dave you are probably glad the bike got made harder??? :ph34r:

I liked the old course. Glad to only have to do that rough section on the way back only twice. Rattled your teeth out.

Ultimately I am not too fussed. It is the same for all of us on the day. Just need to plan where to push and where to ease off.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the old course. Glad to only have to do that rough section on the way back only twice. Rattled your teeth out.

Ultimately I am not too fussed. It is the same for all of us on the day. Just need to plan where to push and where to ease off.

That's easy; you push until you pass the Garf, then you ease off until the finish

Man I'm getting nervous just reading this thread and my event is only in July...

Do the hills on your route have names yet?

Man I'm getting nervous just reading this thread and my event is only in July...

Do the hills on your route have names yet?

None that wouldn't get us banned from the Hub

None that wouldn't get us banned from the Hub

Only happens if someone reports you....and we are all tjoms here anyway :thumbup:

That's easy; you push until you pass the Garf, then you ease off until the finish

But the Garf can run as well supposedly (if the tar is not to hot for my paws)

I am going to try not let the wind or weather predictions get to me, gonna stick to my target HR on the bike and what ever happens, happens, at least I wont hit the wall....chasing an average on the bike in tough conditions is going to be a disaster..

I have one question..........

Am I allowed to wear my under water MP3 player for the swim :whistling: ? If not please show me the rule.

I have one question..........

Am I allowed to wear my under water MP3 player for the swim :whistling: ? If not please show me the rule.

Sorry to be the spoil sport...from the Zurich IM rules I'm sure the same rule would apply anywhere

I see the SA IM rules only say its not allowed on the bike and run BUT...... don't take the chance GARF

4. It is forbidden to carry equipment, which can in any way be described as "communication or entertainment media" (Mobile phone, iPod, MP3 player, camera, video-camera, etc.). It is not decisive if the athlete actually utilizes these objects or not. If an athlete violates this rule, the athlete will be disqualified by the competition jury. An immediate disqualification by a referee on the official race course, upon determination of the violation, is possible.

Originally from: http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman/switzerland/athletes/rules-regulations.aspx#ixzz2vlDs7x8n

In the Athlete guide it prohibits music players and the like under the rules for the bike and the run only, nothing in the swim section. Paul Wolff in the yesterdays live chat said that they were only banned in the bike and run. Go for it Garf, lets see what happens. If you get a DQ I will buy you a light beer (just a can no bottle)

How often do you guys train with your wetsuit before IM? I am doing one long swim a week from this week onwards just to get use to the thing again. I usually get some interesting looks from fellow swimmers at the VA pool.

How often do you guys train with your wetsuit before IM? I am doing one long swim a week from this week onwards just to get use to the thing again. I usually get some interesting looks from fellow swimmers at the VA pool.

My wetsuit still has salt on it from EL ....

My wetsuit still has salt on it from EL ....

Same here. I had to wash it of last night

Same here. I had to wash it of last night

My Wetsuit still has a pee smell from Midmar 70.3 in December. I had to mark my territory when I saw DaveM in the water along side me

Will do a sea swim this weekend with the suit and then probably hit Silvermine dam 2 weeks before the race, just need to pick a cold / windy day so I don't overheat. I don't really feel very different swimming in the suit, just a bit quicker so its no big deal for me if I don't get too much suit time

Will do a sea swim this weekend with the suit and then probably hit Silvermine dam 2 weeks before the race, just need to pick a cold / windy day so I don't overheat. I don't really feel very different swimming in the suit, just a bit quicker so its no big deal for me if I don't get too much suit time

The last time I swam in the ocean was last years IM.

The last time (and only time) I swam open water since IM last year was at Midmar 70.3. You guys living at the coast are so lucky.

Archived