Karoo To Coast 2013

Mailman7412

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that a 10 year old can enter the Argus but you have to be 19 to enter the K2C?

Have you done K2C before?

Why is it that a 10 year old can enter the Argus but you have to be 19 to enter the K2C?

A 10 year old can't enter the Argus

A 10 year old can't enter the Argus

OK sorry 12 then. Still far from the 19 for the K2C.

"the youngest riders in the main event being 12 years old or 11 if on a tandem with an adult."

"the youngest riders in the main event being 12 years old or 11 if on a tandem with an adult."

I agree an 18 year old in good shape will be able to cream it, I think it might just have to do with with the dangers of mtb vs road and especially the fast gravel downhills at K2C. Possibly more to do with race organiser liability than anything else.

I dunno, thats my personal opinion... :)

O and please don't start another discussion (wiff pics of seriously mangled roadies) saying "how can I say that road cycling is not as dangerous as MTB" ... OK ok ok you rebels it's moerse dangerous ... :ph34r:

I agree an 18 year old in good shape will be able to cream it, I think it might just have to do with with the dangers of mtb vs road and especially the fast gravel downhills at K2C. Possibly more to do with race organiser liability than anything else.

I dunno, thats my personal opinion... :)

O and please don't start another discussion (wiff pics of seriously mangled roadies) saying "how can I say that road cycling is not as dangerous as MTB" ... OK ok ok you rebels it's moerse dangerous ... :ph34r:

Those cat eyes come out of nowhere and the drop off on a cat eye is insane , Don't you know..

Those cat eyes come out of nowhere and the drop off on a cat eye is insane , Don't you know..

Oe e e I've got to be very careful here .....

Lets just say that I tend to carry my mountain bike over tar sections...

Thanks, Will see how quickly I can get to the vet ... I mean the pharmacy ;)

Went to pharmacy yesterday and god B12 + Complex injection still a slight cough but had my last training session this morning and felt good. Flying to Cape Town for business tomorrow and that time on the plane is normally when these things tend to get to their worst. Lets see how I feel on Friday morning, seriously hope I am fighting fit :(

The difference is the Argus you ascent 1200m on tar and the K2C it's 1900m on gravel. The winners of the Argus takes 2:30 - 2:40 min and the K2C its 3:00+. Much tougher event

Went to pharmacy yesterday and god B12 + Complex injection still a slight cough but had my last training session this morning and felt good. Flying to Cape Town for business tomorrow and that time on the plane is normally when these things tend to get to their worst. Lets see how I feel on Friday morning, seriously hope I am fighting fit :(

Go for another one on Friday, and then again on Monday, just to boost your immune system again.

that was Dick - he's a hubber as well ;)

Was Not me. I will be there again so let's see then. Well maybe I will snore this time as i am carrying even more weight and have been off the bike for 2 weeks now after sporadic rides before that. Se you all there.

Go for another one on Friday, and then again on Monday, just to boost your immune system again.

You a dr?

Cool thanks I will, yeah must say I feel less like getting sick today than yesterday...

The difference is the Argus you ascent 1200m on tar and the K2C it's 1900m on gravel. The winners of the Argus takes 2:30 - 2:40 min and the K2C its 3:00+. Much tougher event

Its more like 1900-2200m for the Argus and 1600m for k2c