Mailman7412

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Linus van Onselen in his 60s rolls in at #25

Wow!

Ja he's hardcode. I was riding just behind him last year when he hit a rock and blew his tyre off the rim. He still managed to finish about 25th last year as well, despite stopping to bomb his tyre back on

Enjoyed the race, was my 1st.

What total ascent did you guys get?

on the alt meter 1690 which should be correct, Strava said 1900 but after it uploaded it changed to over 2200

Anyone knows if the guy that had thad terrible fall is OK? He was looking bad when I passed him and saw the ambulance going that way a couple of minutes later

I was going strong the first 50k's then I started cramping badly. Ended up bombing down the downhills and crawling up the uphills. Managed to finish 50th in the D group.

I was going strong the first 50k's then I started cramping badly. Ended up bombing down the downhills and crawling up the uphills. Managed to finish 50th in the D group.

same here, but not the same result, started cramping on 55, did not enjoy the ride this year, had to stop a couple of times just before the Squirt waterpoint and probably the only guy that hat to get off his bike on the simola downhill due to legs cramping up, had my worst time of 5h33,

Ja he's hardcode. I was riding just behind him last year when he hit a rock and blew his tyre off the rim. He still managed to finish about 25th last year as well, despite stopping to bomb his tyre back on

Amazing longevity from the XC World Champ...

Got in ahead of his laaitie too. Must be those Rainbow Stripes that gives him wings... :-)

Amazing longevity from the XC World Champ...

Got in ahead of his laaitie too. Must be those Rainbow Stripes that gives him wings... :-)

hehe - leonardo is no slouch either

on the alt meter 1690 which should be correct, Strava said 1900 but after it uploaded it changed to over 2200

My bryton stopped working at 88km and i got 1860m and its usually a bit under...

Anyone knows if the guy that had thad terrible fall is OK? He was looking bad when I passed him and saw the ambulance going that way a couple of minutes later

I saw a quy quite close to the end sitting on the back of the audi medic car with his head strapped and blood running down is face and the medic was asking him "how long do you think you were out before you came to"...yoh thats hectic!

Was my 2nd one. Improved by 2 min, although I thought it would be more. The wind that blew into our faces going down simola was unnecessary, they could have left that out ;-)! But enjoyed it, next year I'll be back to get closer to the 4 hours mark! Congrats to all who finished!

I want to ask you guys. Do you think taking extra chances on the downhill is worth it? Assuming some of the people that fell were riding above there capability to make up time. Do you not make up more time by climbing faster?