Proper Mtb races

divernick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should organise a race on The Spruit? Super tech, plenty of hills hahaha :whistling:

emmerentia up the hill and through the forest loop 78 times?

Someone should organise a race on The Spruit? Super tech, plenty of hills hahaha :whistling:

Strava already did. It happens every weekend, Saturday and Sunday.

Strava already did. It happens every weekend, Saturday and Sunday.

I WANT A SPRUIT KOM

Eqestra Spring classic was the best one day event apart from the monster .

+1

Yes I know its not Gauteng but go to Wellington for GravelTravel. It is fantastic

Just saw this, anyone ridden it? Thoughts and opinions? 3km climb.... sjoe

http://www.thehubsa....m-the-boys-r709

That looks good.

I know I started this thread, but I have entered the Nissan Trailseeker at Cullinan. Last year it was my first ever marathon-distance race and it broke me properly. I cramped from 40km to the end. Not so this year, I am doing it to get the monkey off my back and set a hugely improved time. Last year I did over 4 hours. I am hoping for a sub-3:30 this year. Single speed of course....

Lekker. Apparently that hakana whatsitname one is quite good. Decided to try out the Bryton this weekend.

How long u been ss'ing

Lekker. Apparently that hakana whatsitname one is quite good. Decided to try out the Bryton this weekend.

How long u been ss'ing

Hakahana is tough but not as nice as VG.

SS since 2010.

Did the 2 River MTB Challenge last year and next to Rooiberg it is by far my second most favorite race. The description posted above is apt, it has 35 kms singletrack heaven along the river. It is similar to the last 5 kms of the first day of the Berg and Bush descent along the banks of the Tugela River (Garden of Eden). The koppie was close to the end of the race and took quite a lot of effort due to its position in the latter stages of the course. The hospitality of the Bothaville community is fantastic and the race is followed by some great entertainment, Boeresport and various arts, crafts and food stalls. For the non-cyclists, last year there was also a cross country horse ride and a running/walking trail race. Altogether a very enjoyable day only about 200 kms away from the big smoke. Will be back.