Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Hey OmegaMan, I've just checked your site and couldn't see whats booked already for 2014. Are there any spots open for this year?

Thanks

Hey man. No unfortunately we are all done for 2014. Our chalet is fully booked for the season.

The chalets book up pretty early too so you'd be lucky to find a spot this late.

Besides the plane ticket prices are ridiculous for anyone looking to book for this year.

But come in 2015. We've got a better chalet lined up and we'll be doing more trips.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

OHMYGAAAAAHDDDD!Why don't we have trail like this here? Someone PLEASE give me a logical answer why!!!!

When I keep going on about big safe jumps this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. you can see there's no weirdness to the lips no landings that are too short. See how they just continue with their arc. That's what I'm always going on about. The bike is totally settled before it leaves the ground so the rider CAN'T get bucked over the front.

That huge jump at the end is safer than any of the jumps we get here..

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/368974

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Fancy a 1 day 80km Enduro race taking in 2 countries and multiple bike parks? If you come on our first 2015 trip you can. Meet the Passportes du Soleil.

That's Junior World Champion at the beginning of the vid. I'll translate what she said for you. She basically said that if you don't come on one of SA-Alpine-Addiction's 2015 trips you're an idiot.

Guest Omega Man

Brand new green trail all the way from Avoriaz to the middle lift station on Super Morzine.

post-18968-0-02902700-1404190480_thumb.jpg

I dont know what bike to get and time is getting VERRRRRY little! :( :unsure:

I am starting to feel like I should sell my tickets etc. and go another time.

MOREWOOOOOOD!!!!

And NO!!! Even if you don't have a DH bike by then - take your Intense!!!

You don't expect anyone on this thread is going to endorse that idea do you? :wacko:

Whats wrong with the tracer?

MOREWOOOOOOD!!!!

And NO!!! Even if you don't have a DH bike by then - take your Intense!!!

You might be forgetting that I am not only going to Morzine and for the 3rd week there I will need a DH bike.

I honestly do not know how I feel about the 27.5" on a DH bike and the new Morewood frame/wheelbase is very long. Yes it is good for stability, but it might take the 'nimbleness'/ movability away for me.

You might be forgetting that I am not only going to Morzine and for the 3rd week there I will need a DH bike.

I honestly do not know how I feel about the 27.5" on a DH bike and the new Morewood frame/wheelbase is very long. Yes it is good for stability, but it might take the 'nimbleness'/ movability away for me.

Ever consider a Kalula? I have a frame/fork in the basement...

Hmmm. You're right. Forgot about the need for a DH bike for the 2nd bit - what are the timelines for a YT to be delivered?

As for the wheelbase - yes and no. It'll definitely help the stability on the technical stuff, and get you more confident when going faster. The only place it may slow you down is on the tight twisties. And even then not so much. The mak 275 has a chainstays are just 3mm longer, believe it or not. And yes, the head angle is slacker - but that's VERY good for stability.

IMO it'll be better... Especially given where you're going to be riding. If you want to change the head angle / wheelbase just a bit, you can drop the Boxxer / 40 / whatever a bit lower into the stanchions...

Guest Omega Man

I'd get the YT. And then begin practicing the following sentence. "It's the only one in SA."

I like my bikes to be special or rare. Maybe it's an ego thing. who knows. The YT isn't rare in Europe but here..... There's 1 in the country that I know of and that's a Wicked.

Edited by Omega Man