• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:

What an amazing trail.....

Looks like the old Chatelaine (the one under the top lift) that they've buffed up.

Anyone who's looking to join our trip for 2018 get these dates in your diary.

15-29 July. We want to get a large contingent of Saffers across there next year.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

It actually splits off left at the Le Vorachatax run, right at the drop in..... An awesome run, so clean, steep and totally doable but levels of rider, but unbelievably good if you got the skills and cahones!

So....Morzine again! This time the group was smaller, we went earlier and had our own spot! If you do any MTB, you must have heard of this place called the Portes Du Soleil, it's to MTB what the North Shore is to surfing, the ultimate mecca of the sport, the biggest MTB park in Europe and home to some of the best trails around, from groomed, well-maintained race tracks to the wildest, steepest "off-piste" stuff you have the cajones to descend!

650km of maintained trails, 2 countries, 19 MTB chair lifts, 50+ PROPER DH trails, 12 resorts connected with a single lift pass....it's possible to descend down the same distance as the height of Everest in a single day....8848m.....it's truly MTB heaven based in the hippest of ski resorts....all centered in one of the most picturesque parts of the world, the French Alps....

Thanks to Martin (GWS dude!), Anthony and Carlos for a big jol!!

Spinning down the Le Croset trail in Switzerland........
912m, Start@1829m, finish@1681m, Ave 16.25% grade with max@34.8%..