Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It had to happen.

One of the guys in our group broke his wrist 2 days ago.

A little advice for anyone going on a trip like this. Know your limits. stay within those limits. Before and during the trip. You are not going to become a pro overnight and pushing yourself beyond your own ability will only lead to frustration and inevitably. Injury.

He's still coming along but now he's probly going to be riding his trail bike. Doing a bit of Recce for next year.

WHO!?

Guest Omega Man

WHO!?

Marc. Classic rookie mistake thinking you have to be fast or skilled or good at jumping to ride there.

Fact: To everyone out there. You do not need to be a skilled rider to ride there. You just need to be aware of your limits. At any one time there will be 6000 mountain bikers out there. And of the 6000, 5999 couldn't give a F*U*C*K about your kit, your bike, how fast you are, what jumps you are hitting, what tracks you aren't riding, whether you have sponsors logo's or not.

It's possibly the only place in the world where a double world champion will stop and help you fix your chain on the way to Chatel (Yes that happened) or where you will have lunch next to a 10x world champion and he'll ask you how your day is going. (Yes that happened too)

Marc. Classic rookie mistake thinking you have to be fast or skilled or good at jumping to ride there.

Fact: To everyone out there. You do not need to be a skilled rider to ride there. You just need to be aware of your limits. At any one time there will be 6000 mountain bikers out there. And of the 6000, 5999 couldn't give a F*U*C*K about your kit, your bike, how fast you are, what jumps you are hitting, what tracks you aren't riding, whether you have sponsors logo's or not.

It's possibly the only place in the world where a double world champion will stop and help you fix your chain on the way to Chatel (Yes that happened) or where you will have lunch next to a 10x world champion and he'll ask you how your day is going. (Yes that happened too)

Marc De Decker?

ROFL. Roff, but rofl. What a tonsil. Still sucks for him though!

Guest Omega Man

Marc De Decker?

ROFL. Roff, but rofl. What a tonsil. Still sucks for him though!

Ja Marc De Decker. It really isn't funny at all. Major disaster actually. He's spent a k@kload of money and worked for a year towards what really is a dream trip and it's gone toilet less than 3 weeks before we leave.

Ja Marc De Decker. It really isn't funny at all. Major disaster actually. He's spent a k@kload of money and worked for a year towards what really is a dream trip and it's gone toilet less than 3 weeks before we leave.

Eish. Not cool. But still. As you say, ride within your boundaries and don't write cheques you know you can't cash...

Could Admin please close this thread? It is causing depression, heart-ache and general gloominess to thise who are probably not going...

O my goodness. I must go! Need to start saving.. and maybe learn how to Jump at TOkai before I join haha.

Guest Omega Man

Good man. Keep some moneys for stuff to buy there. It's about the same price as the stuff here but what they have over there is variety.

Plus of course you will be helping the local economy which fuels trail expansion.

Edited by Omega Man

Jumping on late here.

Enjoy boys, I going skiing there often and it is unreal.

Would love to go in summer sometime to ride.

The most unbelievable Mountains all over the place.

Would love to do a summer trip to The alps, might have to sacrifice the winter trip...what to choose...

Edited by olram_df

Guest Omega Man

Would love to do a summer trip to The alps, might have to sacrifice the winter trip...what to choose...

I've not done a winter trip before but from what I've been told from the seasonaires it's quite a different vibe. Summer is a very mellow vibe. It's not busy by Winter standards and by all accounts a lot cheaper.

The thing I love about the place is just how stunningly beautiful it is. Oh. The trails are pretty good too.

Guest Omega Man

We leave in 12 days and it's snowing in Chatel. WTF????

I'm gonna find that dude that came up with the global arming argument and spank him good.

BTW I've found the perfect training method for getting your hands ready for the breaking bump onslaught.

1. Have a grumpy jack Russel

2. Get a very boisterous German Shepard puppy.

3. wait 6 months.

4. When the German Shepard eventually gets gatvol of the Jack Russel continuously snapping at it and decides to kill the Jack Russell You intervene making sure that you incur multiple bite wounds to your hands and fingers.

That is how your hands will feel after 12 days of riding in the Alps.