Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Thanks Omega

Maybe the real win is for you to hook up a bike swap day with one of the other guys in our group. I'm sure one of the guys with DH bikes will be keen for a trail bike day. Especially seeing as you have a Pyga. Guys are always keen to ride those.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Watched the Whistler Opening weekend vid.

Next weekend Les Gets opens

Guest Omega Man

Just a heads up. One of the guys coming on the trip, Martin, is the Cape Town agent for Ion and Evoc. We are going to be meeting next week to arrange a group rate/discount for Ion and Evoc gear for guys coming on the trip.

We'll figure out which shops to deal through (it has to go through a shop) and I'll post up a notice. So if you're thinking about buying kit, kneepads or a pack maybe just hold back for a week and you'll hook up some sweet Ion or Evoc kit at a good price.

Deal excludes Ion Camera

Edited by Omega Man

Maybe the real win is for you to hook up a bike swap day with one of the other guys in our group. I'm sure one of the guys with DH bikes will be keen for a trail bike day. Especially seeing as you have a Pyga. Guys are always keen to ride those.

Sounds good, as long as they don' forget it's not a downhill bike (and thrash it accordingly)!

Edited by beanz

Guest Omega Man

Sounds good, as long as they don' forget it's not a downhill bike (and thrash it accordingly)!

My mate Nic (Morewood Makulu) likes the idea. Just putting it out there.

But then there's this......

post-18968-0-29638100-1400920202_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-47456600-1400920217_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-52318100-1400920240_thumb.jpg

But then there's this......

post-18968-0-29638100-1400920202_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-47456600-1400920217_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-52318100-1400920240_thumb.jpg

Is that what you guys have been working on at Lower Vasbyt!? Whoop can't wait to get home! ;)

Edit: Oooopppsss wrong discussion.....

Edited by capediver

Guest Omega Man

Is that what you guys have been working on at Lower Vasbyt!? Whoop can't wait to get home! ;)

Hahahaha. If only.

I've been Alp-ifying my bike. Put a bigger chain ring on the front and a chain guide.

Edited by Omega Man

Hahahaha. If only.

I've been Alp-ifying my bike. Put a bigger chain ring on the front and a chain guide.

Down sized mine and getting rid of bottom chain roller guide.....why...RF NW 32T...taking 34T with me just in case....you know... in case I have to PEDAAALLLLL! Edited by capediver

I wish we could get in there on a regular basis with one of these babies!

Guest Omega Man

Down sized mine and getting rid of bottom chain roller guide.....why...RF NW 32T...taking 34T with me just in case....you know... in case I have to PEDAAALLLLL!

Ja I'm taking my 30 along too.

I reckon your NW with a top guide and clutch will be cool. I'd be hesitant to just run a NW without a top guide. The tracks are much rougher than here.

Edited by Omega Man

Erm, I'm just not so sure. Don't mean to be funny, but this sort of arrangement doesn't always end well.

Guest Omega Man

Erm, I'm just not so sure. Don't mean to be funny, but this sort of arrangement doesn't always end well.

Ja for sure. It is an option tho. And like you said you can get good rentals at Torico.

You can also rent a Honda CBR 600 for 90 Euro. Imagine blasting the Alpine passes on one of those puppies for a day......

Ja for sure. It is an option tho. And like you said you can get good rentals at Torico.

You can also rent a Honda CBR 600 for 90 Euro. Imagine blasting the Alpine passes on one of those puppies for a day......

Thanks anyway Omega. And thanks in general for making alpine riding an affordable reality for many of us rather than just a bucket list pipe dream.