Sounds like someone was riding behind him with one of these:

post-41238-0-02037300-1404380918_thumb.jpg

hahahhaha. Daddy was a butcher.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also these. And they are also not exactly common in these parts. And Canyon actually have stock Unlike YT. How's the price on the cheapie?

post-18968-0-41943100-1404310284_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-06152900-1404310302_thumb.jpg

I was rocking a Torque FRX for a bit in 2012. VERY good bikes, and really underrated. The Medium was maybe a little bit too big for me, but that thing was stable as anything over anything and at any speed I dared to go. It also has a built in sag meter in the frame, which is great for setup purposes. Not the most jumpy of bikes, but a great point-and-shoot sled.

The only thing that sucked about it was the 2.7 Intense front tyre that the previous guy put on. If you even looked at the brake lever in a corner you washed out.

It's one of the bikes I should have kept, but the alu and orange anodising just looked ******* horrible, so I sold it and got the ugly orange/white Kalula.

Fancy a 1 day 80km Enduro race taking in 2 countries and multiple bike parks? If you come on our first 2015 trip you can. Meet the Passportes du Soleil.

That's Junior World Champion at the beginning of the vid. I'll translate what she said for you. She basically said that if you don't come on one of SA-Alpine-Addiction's 2015 trips you're an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kht9e74hNgo&feature=youtu.be

Pretty keen! Do you have a link for the event you can share?

Guest Omega Man

Pretty keen! Do you have a link for the event you can share?

http://www.passporte...14-edition.html

The race marks the opening of the PDS. it's held on the last weekend of June. The race village moves between Morzine, Les Gets and Chatel. this year was in Les Gets. I'm not 100% sure but if history is anything to go by it will be in Morzine next year.

It's a cool atmosphere and quite a fun race by the look of things. Something to dip your toe into an Alpine Enduro rather than jumping headlong into something like the mega. It's also rad seeing the factory big rigs in town. There's always a bunch of stars in town at that time too doing the race. in 2012 we spoted Fabien Barel in Chatel. ACC was living in the Chalet next door to us and we had lunch at the table next to Nicolas Voilous in Les Gets the one day. He was out there testing that electronic suspension for SRAM.

The race is held over 3 days starting from the various towns in the PDS. But you'll do the full 80km circuit in 1 day. The key is to enter early especially if you want to start in one of the more popular town like Morzine or Les Gets.

You can do the loop at any time outside of the race weekend of course. the difference is you won't get a feed on the route and the lifties won't keep the lifts open after hours like they do during the PDS race weekend.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

That gave me goosebumps

I'd start practicing the following phrase.

Babe. I love you but I'm going back every year until I die. If you leave I'll miss you but I understand.

You can do the loop at any time outside of the race weekend of course. the difference is you won't get a feed on the route and the lifties won't keep the lifts open after hours like they do during the PDS race weekend.

I reckon it's still worth doing, or at least attempting.

Guest Omega Man

I reckon it's still worth doing, or at least attempting.

For sure. If you look at the pds map the route is in orange. The only issue is making it back before the lifts close. You DO NOT want to be caught in Morgins when the lifts close cos of bad weather or the frogs end their working day. Cos hikabiking up multiple Alps to get back to Morzine will suck in the very worst kind of way.

We're having an Iron man race in our crew tho.

1 run down chavanne

1 down jump park

1 down mont cheri

1 down pleney

1 down zore

1 down *super morz

1 down each side of lindarets

1 down the top of chatel

1 down the bottom of chatel

1 down each side of crosets

1 down morgins

*you can roll down the road for the Super Morz leg cos there's only 1 trail on Super Morzine and it's a wet rooty cliff.

That's 13 runs in a day. The winner gets a 4 Euro bottle of red from Carrefour. It will be a team event. 2 riders. First team back to the chalet wins. It will be quite interesting actually cos the harder DH trails tend to be faster than the greens and blues but the guys on DH bikes will suffer on the traverses.

And then there's route planning. You have to take into account the lift opening and closing times. Do you hit Les Gets first or last? Do you do Crosets on the way to Morgins or on the way back from Morgins? Someone who's done multiple trips to the area might have a slight advantage. Hehehe.

Edited by Omega Man

For sure. If you look at the pds map the route is in orange. The only issue is making it back before the lifts close. You DO NOT want to be caught in Morgins when the lifts close cos of bad weather or the frogs end their working day. Cos hikabiking up multiple Alps to get back to Morzine will suck in the very worst kind of way.

We're having an Iron man race in our crew tho.

1 run down chavanne

1 down jump park

1 down mont cheri

1 down pleney

1 down zore

1 down *super morz

1 down each side of lindarets

1 down the top of chatel

1 down the bottom of chatel

1 down each side of crosets

1 down morgins

*you can roll down the road for the Super Morz leg cos there's only 1 trail on Super Morzine and it's a wet rooty cliff.

That's 13 runs in a day. The winner gets a 4 Euro bottle of red from Carrefour. It will be a team event. 2 riders. First team back to the chalet wins. It will be quite interesting actually cos the harder DH trails tend to be faster than the greens and blues but the guys on DH bikes will suffer on the traverses.

And then there's route planning. You have to take into account the lift opening and closing times. Do you hit Les Gets first or last? Do you do Crosets on the way to Morgins or on the way back from Morgins? Someone who's done multiple trips to the area might have a slight advantage. Hehehe.

I call dibs on you or Karl for teammates...I'll try and keep up on the down, and wait up on the climbs ;)

Guest Omega Man

I call dibs on you or Karl for teammates...I'll try and keep up on the down, and wait up on the climbs ;)

Karl and I are doing it AS a team. Mwahahahaha.

Jokes. Truthfully tho I don't think too many of the people on the trip have ridden Crosets and last year we didn't ride lindarets at all.

Edited by Omega Man