Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

Unfortunately I play ps4, where even pre-played games cost 600 rand for new titles

I also have a PS4, games are around the 1k mark and more if you buy a special edition. Before buying I do a lot of reading of reviews to make sure its something I am actually going to play. Also use Gamespot and Metacritic to see what the game has scored. Learnt the hard way, anything that has a score below 8, will not be all that great. Currently I am playing Horizon Zero Dawn, worth every cent I paid.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some excellent deals to be found in the Big in Japan and Digital Discounts sales going on at the moment. Just grab some goodies there?

Will have a look thnx

I also have a PS4, games are around the 1k mark and more if you buy a special edition. Before buying I do a lot of reading of reviews to make sure its something I am actually going to play. Also use Gamespot and Metacritic to see what the game has scored. Learnt the hard way, anything that has a score below 8, will not be all that great. Currently I am playing Horizon Zero Dawn, worth every cent I paid.

I honestly don't believe a game is ever worth 1k. You play say 40 hours (and that's long for most modern games) and then don't touch it again or lose more than 50% of the purchase value. It's hard being a cyclist and a gamer....

Anyway, do you play it on 4k? I saw a demo of that game on a 4k TV and it looks **** hot

I honestly don't believe a game is ever worth 1k. You play say 40 hours (and that's long for most modern games) and then don't touch it again or lose more than 50% of the purchase value. It's hard being a cyclist and a gamer....

What about something like Overwatch. Most folks rack up gametime in the thousands of hours. Definitely a value for money game.

But yeah, you are right, the twin hobbies of cycling and video games certainly hurt the wallet.

What about something like Overwatch. Most folks rack up gametime in the thousands of hours. Definitely a value for money game.

But yeah, you are right, the twin hobbies of cycling and video games certainly hurt the wallet.

Not if you take into account the online membership fees you have to pay if not on pc. 

Also in game purchases etc. Then it becomes expensive.

But I get your point, I meant the hours as a average.

Its worse, If I play battlefield at night. I won't get up early for a ride.

Fortunately Overwatch doesn't have memberships on pc and atm no payed DLC.

EA follows the payed DLC route however.

So I realized even tho I play healthy amount of Overwatch I only have 50 Hours worth of play.

i unwittingly solved that problem by playing a *** game like CSGO. After a few rounds, i'm klaar for the day. Not tired: just vrek bored. In general though, my days of jamming from friday night till sunday morning nonstop are well and truly over. But a VR kit could challenge that. But then there's that eternal inner battle between spending on bike stuff vs PC stuff vs The Rest :P

Edited by Capricorn

I'm part of a few gaming groups on FB, and been seeing people post pics of their gaming rooms. Makes me jealous, lol. I'll only have one of those if the wife and I move into a bigger place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i unwittingly solved that problem by playing a *** game like CSGO. After a few rounds, i'm klaar for the day. Not tired: just vrek bored. In general though, my days of jamming from friday night till sunday morning nonstop are well and truly over. But a VR kit could challenge that. But then there's that eternal inner battle between spending on bike stuff vs PC stuff vs The Rest :P

NO IRON SIGHTS!  :cursing: My only problem with CSGo

I just can't. I slogged through Doom trying to give an old refreshed fps the benefit of the doubt.

And Quake Champions had me frothing for a release date. From the gameplay trailers it looks like they nailed the classic fast paced mechanics of previous games. And iron sights really have no place in a game like Quake. But. Doom made me realise that iron sights is so ingrained in my gameplay that my enthusiasm for Quake champions has been watered down.

I don't know if I'll buy it. Which is kinda sad.

Anyway, do you play it on 4k? I saw a demo of that game on a 4k TV and it looks **** hot

Playing on a standard PS 4 but even so the graphics are pretty amazing. Thought about upgrading to a PS 4 Pro that is another 5k at least. So sticking with the standard one in the meantime.

Just bought another set of deep section wheels, hard time expalining to my wife why it was vital that I had to spend 25k. Going away to do the Jock this weekend, wife is driving the support vehicle, in other words driving around behind me and my cycling buddy, tried to sell that to her as a long romantic weekend, also planning to do the Jock Tour in September. Convinced her that a new helmet was a great birthday present for me. So another 5k for a PS4 Pro might be a tough sell. 

NO IRON SIGHTS!  :cursing: My only problem with CSGo

I just can't. I slogged through Doom trying to give an old refreshed fps the benefit of the doubt.

And Quake Champions had me frothing for a release date. From the gameplay trailers it looks like they nailed the classic fast paced mechanics of previous games. And iron sights really have no place in a game like Quake. But. Doom made me realise that iron sights is so ingrained in my gameplay that my enthusiasm for Quake champions has been watered down.

I don't know if I'll buy it. Which is kinda sad.

i was pretty stoked to see QC, got the beta, played it a bit. nice and fast. Pity my ping was a bit *** at the time, but i think i could grow to like it very quickly, especially if jamming in a LAN, and doubly so if they bring back Instagib. YUMMY!

8e653e738917c1451677bcd14ac2bc28.jpg

So, this arrived just now. I took off work early to sign for it. Sold my mountain bike, as I don't need two bikes, and with that dosh, ordered this. I was thinking of selling both mountain bike and road bike to get a better road bike, but decided to keep my good ol Silverback and possibly order a pair of Gatorskins for it at a later stage. I just hope the Nintendo Switch has better success than the Wii U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. Benefit of cycling being 1st priority on my time & money is that I don't mind playing older games on previous generation consoles. No way I'm paying 1K for a game just because it's new, I'll wait....

I'm bloody addicted to BF1 Multiplayer. Best game I have played thus far. Do you have the premium pass and is it worth it?