Fort William - DH World Cup this weekend! Predictions

nigelhicks

Before i get to this though

Was reading through Dirts questions to the pros I really laughed at this comment from Emilie Siegenthaler

Emilie Siegenthaler: You could have asked me How is Brendan Fairclough as a team mate, and I would have told told that he’s a pain in the a**….

HAHAHAHAHA

OK SO .... Fort Bill

Aaron Gwin 4:47.93

Stevie Smith

Greg Minnaar

Gee Atherton

Lewis Buchanan

Rachel Atherton 5:27.26

Manon Carpenter

Emiline Ragot

Florin Pugin

Mriym Nicole

Edited by nigelhicks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

You've gone for the safe choices there fella.

I've got a feeling about Danny Hart. He's looking trim and injury free. I don't think he'll be able to put the power down like the big boys tho.

In the men. Yes I've gone safe too.

1. Ginger

2. Minnaar

3. Gee

4. Hart

5. Stevie Smith

Dunno about the Ladies.

Keep an eye out for Bellvile's own Johan Potgieter. He's on a proper team with proper support this year. I reckon he's on for the IXS title this year.

I predict that I'll be in front of my TV with a glass of red. I might just have the jacuzzi bubbling away in the background.

Edited by Omega Man

Gwin.....but I'm hoping there's some newbie straight out of the blue - like McConnel in the XC.......just to get the season off to a 'wake up'.......

also hoping that newbie is called Minnaar......

Prediction: Neethling on the box.

Is it being shown on any of the supersport channels? Or only live streaming on the net?

Only streaming AFAIK.

Guest Omega Man

Is it being shown on any of the supersport channels? Or only live streaming on the net?

Hahaha. Funny guy. the only mountain biking shown on DSTV are fat men in tights riding on dirt roads.

Only one male rider has won the Fort William DH World Cup more than once.

True that Minnaar has won it 5 times?

was reading those stats today, incredible 57 podiums for Minnaar more than anyone ever......he should take over Peats win record this season right?

Hahaha. Funny guy. the only mountain biking shown on DSTV are fat men in tights riding on dirt roads.

+1 on that.

RedbullTV has the only mtb shows that I want to watch.

Guest Omega Man

was reading those stats today, incredible 57 podiums for Minnaar more than anyone ever......he should take over Peats win record this season right?

Ja. Pretty incredible. For me the thing that sets him apart is that he always seems to ride within himself. He hardly ever throws himself into the undergrowth. And every time a rider has come along and raised the bar (Hill, Ginger) he's been the one to chase them down.

Guest Omega Man

Holy ****. Pottie 35 seconds back in timed practice. Ok any thoughts of wanting to be a pro are officially over.